Director at Zalent Consulting Pvt Ltd
Views:783 Applications:213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:179
Senior Manager - Strategy - Asset Management Team - BFS - IIM/ISB/MDI/XLRI/FMS (5-10 yrs)
Job Description :
- The role is with the Asset Management Team, which is part of the HO Strategy Team in Mumbai. The HO Strategy Team consists of rich pedigree of professionals from top B-schools with prior experience in top investment banks and consulting firms.
- HO Strategy team engages on business critical topics with work structured around 3 key verticals: Asset Management, Business planning and Internal strategic consulting for business transformation.
- While these are structured as separate verticals, team members typically move across verticals and regions often managing multiple projects/work streams across verticals.
Asset Management :
- To evaluate adherence to key financial objectives of PBT, NPV, IRR etc. over the project life cycle and during specific periods
- Undertake periodic asset management review for the health of assets
- Explore avenues of improving returns from projects through detailed analysis of the competition, pricing, sales velocities, project design and costing, cash flow management, financing, and other levers
- Identification of risks in the portfolio under management and ensuring that appropriate mitigation plans are put into place
- Deep dive into specific problem areas to identify corrective measures through superior problem resolution and analytics
- Preventing risks/problems from arising in the future, through close monitoring of key Assets under management, early identification of risks and advising the top management with most optimal strategy
- Handling Asset Management Reviews for all Projects in Zonal Portfolio for atleast two zones and exploring portfolio level learnings, risks, trends, etc
- Compiling & analysing multiple data points across the portfolio, to come up with key learnings, building processes, creating templates, etc
Business Planning :
- Working closely with the Business Planning team & zonal Strategy teams to review/prepare the annual operating plan and create short term & long term strategy for the asset being managed with aim of efficient cash flow management and preserving project profitability
- Project and business level risk identification and assisting respective business heads/ senior management with mitigation strategies for the same
- Scenario analysis for optimising the business plan
- Determining the key short term and long term performance indicators for the project/portfolio and evaluate them
- Evaluating annual Business indexes and carrying out budget monitoring exercises for the portfolio
Strategic Initiatives :
- Prepare the business analysis, scenarios and recommendations to deal with changes in market, customer and/or regulatory environment to ensure the organization is always future ready.
- Creating Project level and portfolio level Dashboards for CEO
- Undertaking specific Initiatives for better Asset Management discipline
- Identify and address gaps in business process and ensure their effective implementation across the organization.
Skills Required :
- High on initiative, ownership, pro-active approach and self-driven
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and business acumen
- Sound understanding of financial modelling and proficiency in MS- excel modeling
- Strong leadership, influencing and people management skills to be able to drive cross functional assignments and decisions
- A knack for fun through innovation and out-of-box thinking and the energy to go the extra mile
Qualification & Experience :
- Undergrad from leading institutions
- MBA from Tier 1 (IIMs/ISB/MDI/XLRI/FMS) or international business schools
- Overall 3 -5 years, 2-3 years exposure to real estate industry in any capacity would be an advantage
- Experience of working with senior decision makers, in real estate industry preferred