Senior Manager - Software Engineering - Property Aggregator/Listing Platform (10-14 yrs)
We are a housing property aggregator/listing platform. We are looking for a tech enthusiast to lead our team of engineers. Align our engineering roadmap to our vision.Create a robust platform and develop new products.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with any modern tech stack (we use Python/Postgres/React/Angular/NodeJS/Swift(iOS)/Java(Android))
- 5+ years of Engineering Manager experience
- Hands-on Experience with AWS Cloud services (we use EC2/ECS/RDS/Lambda/EFS/EKS/s3) and DevOps tools like (CircleCI/Fastlane/Github Actions), Version Control (Github), Automated testing (Cypress), Task Management (JIRA)
- Detailed knowledge of public cloud infrastructure scalability, security and availability considerations of SaaS products.
- Ability to "Zoom in" and dive into the weeds or "Zoom out" to think big picture systems architecture.
- Proven track record of increasing the effectiveness of members of your team
- Ability to focus your team members on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage high-complexity projects
- Motivated by a fast-paced, high-impact environment
- Proactive and comfortable operating amidst ambiguity
- Clear communicator with a bias to collaborate
- A strong product thinker who obsesses about customer experience and works backwards from their needs.
- You not only have the technical chops to roll up your sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects but also build and manage a team of 10-15 top-notch engineers.
- You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As an Engineering Manager, you manage your business goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluations and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux.
- Our world-class software engineers are just getting started - and as a manager, you guide the way. You are their default mentor.
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development, and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions
- You work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations
- You will help hire and retain top engineering talent.