Senior Manager - Programmatic Platform - Media Investment Firm (6-10 yrs)
Our client is the world's largest media investment company and is a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Sr.Manager - Programmatic to join us. As part of the largest media agency in India, you'll have the opportunity to leverage the scale that comes with the job, to develop products that suit the entire programmatic spectrum.
This team is responsible for delivering international solutions, particularly in APAC & EMEA, with some global influence. You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and will hold a 'can do'attitude with the passion to learn and grow.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Associate Director - Programmatic
3 best things about the job:
1. You will be the owner of transforming the agency's digital media buying from "manual" insertion order to data and technology-driven buying, generating higher ROI for clients and higher revenue/margin.
2. It's Programmatic. The world is moving in that direction. You will be charged with driving that for the largest media agency in India working across all the publishers, vendors and start-ups creating disruption to "traditional" way of doing business
3. Working with cross-functional teams to drive efficiency and automation at scale.
In this role, your goals will be:
In 3 months:
- Bed down and understand the programmatic setup across the business
- Build out a road-map for what is required to grow the programmatic buying business moving forward
In 6 months:
- Participate in business proposals, leading the programmatic element and supporting in group pitches.
- Ensure that we offer a coordinated and integrated operation with the wider business
- Isolate new business prospects and help grow revenue for existing client
In 12 months:
- Establish your position as a thought leader, with demonstrable thought leadership including a deep awareness of programmatic platforms and industry trends.
- Ensure at least one strategic win by secure the programmatic buying business for one of the key current clients
What your day job looks like at Organization:
- Develop strong relationships with counterparts in organization regional teams (Europe, U.S., Asia)
- Lead the training and growth of your local programmatic team
- Enforce DV360 and TrueView best practices with a focus on platform expertise, consistency, and quality of work delivery
- Be accountable for consistent work delivery to Organization regional teams by ensuring a high quality of output
- Serve as point of escalation for your team and take ownership of resolving challenges
- Provide career development and coaching for your team
- Line manage 2-5 direct reports with as many as 10 indirect reports
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to the team to aid in their development, improvement, and progress. Provide awareness and recognition for jobs well done
- Provide support to in capacity planning & resource management for the team
- Present strong and effective communication across all level
What you'll bring:
- Working experience in Agency, Trading Desks or Programmatic Tech Partners
- Actual Campaign execution experience with most of the local programmatic players as well as measurement providers
- Familiar with DSP and exchange revenue streams and be able to negotiate trading benefits
- Existing relationships with publishers, programmatic product partners, as well as data providers in the local market
- Knowledge of different programmatic trading models and their implications to both advertiser's inventory quality and publisher monetization strategies
- Being able to articulate difficult technical concepts to non-technical people such as explaining lookalike modeling and cookie mapping to the lay person
- 6-8 years professional experience with digital media preferably within a media agency/trading desk
- Experience in Google Marketing Platform (DV360, CM, GA360).
- Experience in top AdTech & MarTech platforms.
- Experience in Client Decks, Programmatic Strategy, New Pitches, etc.
- Hands on experience and knowledge on programmatic platforms.
- Clear thought process & strategy to build on existing businesses.
- Competent in all Microsoft office software