Consultant at Iconic Resource
Views:291 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Senior Manager - Product Management - Knits (8-12 yrs)
Position : Product Manager (Knits)
Essential : PG From NIFT/Pearl
(A) JOB ENTAILS :
- To ensure that the planned merchandise mix is achieved on monthly & seasonal basis through appropriate merchandise offering, controlled buy, right costs, timely availability of merchandise and enhanced Sell thru's while maintaining the target Profitability.
(B) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Product Management :
- Analyze, interpret, Suggest, Co-ordinate and support in creating the seasonal Range Architecture based on Past Sales, Trends, Forecasts, Consumer Preferences, Market Research, Market Potential and gross profit requirement, along with coordination with Sales /Marketing & Design.
- Act as custodian in maintaining the Category Merchandise Mix
- Prepare Product Brief on the assigned Category to help to integrate with overall brand strategy.
- Prepare the product portfolio based on commercials & implementing value addition techniques & fabric /wash/fit innovations through interactions with Design, Tech & Sourcing to ensure the developments are within the Range Architecture
- Work to create a balanced Cost architecture in terms of Price Points through co-ordination with Sales & Design Team.
- Responsible for Cost estimation of Fabrics, Trims and the entire garment and giving guide lines to the Sourcing teams to achieve the right Product Cost.
- New Product Development ie. Fabric/Fit/Wash ideation based on market research & competition brands (International & Domestic)
- Coordinate with Sales & design to develop Customer/Channel specific merchandise to build a potential business in specific channels/customers / markets/categories meeting the planned Contribution
- Study the Sell through & Range Effectiveness to understand Best Sellers and Worst Sellers in a particular season on a defined frequency, understanding the reasons and take the learning for the next season and share it with Design/Sales team as an input after conceptualizing it with reporting Manager
- Study and analyze the customer preferences, product innovations, fits, wash and styles through market research.
Inventory Management :
- Plan, coordinate cross functionally and monitor the timely merchandise delivery to reduce delays as well as idle inventory to improve the Inventory turns.
- Ensure right quantity ordering to the Fabric & Garment Sourcing teams with defined delivery timelines to maximize the full value sales potential.
- Review Sell thru for the category and negotiate controlled buy order quantities with the Sales team.
- Analyze and recommend right depth of buy order by option including technological interventions for MOQ reduction by working cross functionally (Design & Fabric Cell)
- Coordinate with Merchandise Planning & Sourcing teams to ensure appropriate amount of fabric or garment inventory availability for the Core products with Vendors/RDC/Stores.
- Review & Utilize the unutilized fabric/trim on periodic basis
- Adherence to the TNA in sampling and bulk production
- Plan, Monitor and seek timely intervention to see each and every planned actions happen in time as per the process.
- Responsible for meeting the Merchandise Demand for the category and Control the GR % at all Channels
CROSS FUNCTIONAL APPROACH :
1. Design - For Seasonal Concept Presentation
2. Fabric Mills - Innovations / New Products, Cost negotiations
3. Sourcing - To ensure timely bulk delivery and effective pricing for Sampling as well as Bulk
4. Sales - Ensure customer satisfaction and Coordination
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.