Manager - Human Resources at Infoedge
Views:14044 Applications:709 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:84
Senior Manager - Product - Consumer Internet (3-7 yrs)
About Info Edge:
Info Edge is India's premier online classifieds company in recruitment, matrimony, real estate, education and related services. We were the first dot-com company in India to go public, back in 2006 and have maintained our market leadership over the past 2 decades.
With a network of 62 offices located in 43 cities throughout India, Info Edge has close to 4000 employees engaged in innovation, product development, integration with mobile and social media, technology and technology updation, research and development, quality assurance, sales, marketing and payment collection. It has also made forays abroad into the Gulf market with the website www.naukrigulf.com and currently has offices Dubai, Bahrain, Riyadh and Abu Dhabi.
Its business portfolio comprises of:
- Recruitment: Online recruitment classifieds, www.naukri.com, a clear market leader in the Indian e-recruitment space, www.naukrigulf.com, a job site focused at the Middle East market, offline executive search (www.quadranglesearch.com) and a fresher hiring site (www.firstnaukri.com). Additionally, Info Edge provides jobseekers value added services (Naukri FastForward) such as resume writing.
- Real Estate: Online real estate classifieds, www.99acres.com, is India's largest property marketplace covering almost all the major cities and a large number of agents and developers.
- Matrimony: Online matrimony classifieds, www.jeevansathi.com, is among the top three in India's online matrimonial space, and has offline Jeevansathi Match Points and franchisees.
- Education: Online education classifieds, www.shiksha.com, is the smartest gateway for students to achieve their goals.
Here are some quick figures about Infoedge:
- Revenue 2014-2015: Rs.8061 mil ($ 120 mil)
- Market cap: Rs.110 bil ($1.65 bil)
- Staff strength: 3,900+
- Offices: 48 offices in India and the Middle East
- Headquarters: Noida in the National Capital Region (NCR) of Delhi
99acres.com is witnessing significant real estate industry transformation in India. With demonetization and RERA leading this transformation, it is expected that the industry will transform to be more consumer friendly than being investor friendly.
With increasing government focus on affordable housing with PMAY and CLSS schemes real estate segment is poised for organized and sustained growth for years to come.
The real estate classified industry is at an inflection point of consumer adoption and with support from industry regulations, it is a large business opportunity as evident in leading economies of the world.
99acres is committed to leverage this opportunity and firmly establish leadership position as industry dynamics changes in near future.
It is to this goal that we are looking to expand our product management team with business leaders.
About the Role:
- Product Management at 99acres has evolved with time over last decade and has witnessed transformations from UI led product management to a more wholesome, customer experience led product management.
- Product management, as it stands today, is aligned towards driving business growth through analytical problem solving based on rich consumer behavior data.
- With adoption of machine learning and artificial intelligence, it is now becoming easier than ever to help a consumer find a home match with all personal preferences.
- Having said that, it is easier said than done, to leverage the rich consumer data and identify opportunities to cater to consumer requirements and to drive growth in business metrics alike.
- A product manager at 99acres drives business growth metrics, solves consumer problems and creates sustainable value for the platform through innovative workflows. At 99acres, it is arguably the closest job profile to being an entrepreneur yourself.
As a product manager with 99acres, one is expected to:
- Be hands-on in industry problem solving in a dynamic industry landscape
- Be data / metrics oriented in problem solving approach without missing the woods for the trees
- Have very high consumer empathy, committed to solve consumer pain points and create value for the platform
- Think strategically and execute tactically.
- Exceptional communication skills ( verbal, written and listening skills)
- Understand and appreciate nuances involved in real estate sector in India.
Key Responsibility Areas :
- Develop and define product roadmaps and feature concepts, conduct planning sessions to execute roadmap, and serve as primary liaison for communicating roadmap to business teams.
- Understand Customer segments and define product pricing
- Own product performance and conduct periodic performance reviews
- Work with the engineering team to communicate release goals and be a part of the product lifecycle
- Interface with Marketing for inputs on consumer marketing activities
- Interface with Sales team to identify product gaps and evangelize new features for products selling
- Creative ideation and articulation of ideas
- Responsible for creating a great customer Experience
- Should have good analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices for current products to shape how to go about meeting business needs.
A typical day in the life of a product manager involves:
Market Landscaping & Competitive Analysis :
- Develop product strategy
- Stakeholder management
- Product pipeline planning
- Data analytics
Define and Measure Key product Metrics:
- To track health of business, user engagement and product performance
- External benchmarking with the competition and the market
Develop Go-to-market Strategy:
- Define relevant market segment and product positioning
- Product roll-out and marketing plan
- Define the phases of the project with timelines
- Plan and coordinate with design, development and analytics, testing team for planning the diff. phases
- Tracking progress
Career Path for this Role:
The role can grow into various options like head of product, business roles, and horizontal movement to functions like marketing etc.
Experience - Essential
- Good understanding of research methodologies
- Flair with numbers
- Must be comfortable with digital technology
- Able to work with multiple groups and processes