Senior Manager - Procurement - FMCG/F&B/Hotel (7-12 yrs)
Job Title : Sr. Manager - Procurement
Location : Pune
Job Description :
- We are looking for a competent Senior Manager, who can take charge of the procurement function, including procurement planning and sourcing.
- The individual will be responsible for fostering and maintaining relationships with long term key vendors by comprehending their requirements.
- An ideal applicant must possess 7 - 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- He must possess proven ability to deal with challenging time lines and has excellent communication and number crunching skills combined with great analytical skills.
- Applicant must have hands on experience in managing vendors across the country, day to day problem solving and a mind-set that thrives on driving 100% customer satisfaction despite day to day operational challenges.
Role & Responsibilities :
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) and projections at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple times. Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Act as a key interface between the vendors, client and internal departments.
- Managing procurement and inventory planning of around 2000 + SKUs from 200+ vendors across 12 warehouses spreads across the country.
- Managing and coordinating with vendors and their respective teams to ensure timely dispatch of various SKUs. Partnering with vendors and Client SCM/sourcing teams to identify and reconcile gaps and supply shortages, providing an early warning system for issues identification.
- Ensuring the right stock availability as per consensus demand.
- Consistently delivering efficiently by keeping inventory targets and forecast accuracy.
- Should be able to analyse large sets of disconnected data applying statistical techniques. Analyse data to anticipate future needs.
- Preparing the ABC Classification, Inventory analysis & reporting.
- Identify and analyse sales trends and influencing variables and incorporate analysis in forecasting & inventory planning.
- Closely monitoring finished goods (FG) inventory across primary pipeline and distribution.
- Responsible for the material requirement planning (MRP) and Coordinate with cross functional departments, Logistics, Planning, Operations, and Materials, to manage inventory requirements.
- Regular monitoring of stock flow, ensuring timely escalation and action to avoid stock write off, risk on freshness and quality.
- Complete ownership of Inventory Planning, MRP function in the organization and manages a team of procurement coordinators and planners.
- Providing planning inputs for phase in/ phase out plans in consultation with vendors and internal team.
- Developing country level deployment plan which meets anticipated customer demand at optimum inventory levels. Takes joint responsibility with warehousing teams for inventory accountabilities across regional DCs.
- Hands on experience on SAP, Microsoft excel, ERP.
- Proven experience of 7 - 10 years in Procurement domain
- Excellent at managing vendor relationships across geographies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across departments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work effectively within defined deadlines
- Ability to generate and effectively implement plans/ideas
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people and manage teams in different regions
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working on ERP - SAP, Oracle etc. and excellent at operating Microsoft Office
Reporting: Senior manager - Procurement will be reporting to Director and CEO
Educational Qualification : An ideal applicant must possess the following qualifications :
- Graduation : Any Specialization
- MBA from reputed institution
Exposure : The job holder must have functional experience of minimum 10 - 12 years in procurement operations management. Experience in Supply Chain or Logistics or F&B/ FMCG industry is preferred.
Preferred Industry : FMCG / Foods / Beverage/ Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Travel / SCM & Logistics