Managing Partner/Founder at Workoid Consultants
Views:1675 Applications:97 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Manager - Operational Risk - Financial Services (7-13 yrs)
We are looking for Senior Manager - Operational Risk Manager for a client with a global presence based at Gurgaon.
Job Location : Gurgaon
Education : Masters /MBA Finance ( regular only)
Exp : 7-9 years (or more) of experience in financial services industry. Experience in more than one role in career is desirable.
Reporting to : Vice President - Operational Risk
Function : Operational Risk
Department : Risk Management
Skills : Consulting ; Preference will be given to candidates who have prior experience in Internal Audit/Operational Risk Management and have exposure to companies which have 1st/2nd/ 3rd line of defence.
Industry Vertical : Should have Knowledge of Insurance operations would be preferred
Working Timings : 9 am onwards, 5 days working
Operational risk usually presents itself to organization, in the form of financial losses. These may be caused by deliberate fraud, or negligence or simply by error. In either case, operational risk involves the breakdown of internal controls within an organization.
- The job is to manage operational risks within the entity's operational risk appetite. The incumbent is responsible to work closely with internal stakeholders to identify key potential Operational risks, monitor incidents and assess root causes. The incumbent needs to ensure that the existing risk and control environment is adequately represented and that all operational risks in the business have effective controls in place for mitigation. Independently assess processes, policies, systems and controls with a fresh eye and provide risk assurance periodically. The incumbent is also required to monitor risk and controls and provide Risk assurance over processes, controls and residual risks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Identification of Operational Risk, monitoring, reporting and document maintenance
- Perform operational risk identification and assessment in business units
- Work on formats for enterprise-wide risk identification, monitoring and reviewing. Work and refine process of escalation and mitigation of operational risks arising from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events.
- Monitor organization's risk posture and risk management performance over time from the view of Operational Risks;
- Monitor status of implementation plans, resolution status and effectiveness of risk mitigating actions in the area of Operational risk;
- Oversee & monitor adherence and compliance to risk policies, standards & procedures specifically from Operational risk perspective and report;
- Provide support in regular review of risk policies in the organization relevant to Operational risk domain like ALM, Anti Fraud, Record Retention, Outsourcing and share learning etc;
- Support in documenting and periodic review of firm-wide risk-control self-assessments & Key risk indicators for on-going monitoring of operational risks;
- Support development and maintain Risk Registers and incident reporting frameworks;
- Develop framework for loss data capturing and monitoring;
- Support in creation of operational risk quantification models established for calculation Operational VaR at the Company level;
- Support in conduction Operational Risk Group meetings and follow up on ATRs of Operational Risk items
2. Support in formulating Risk Management strategy and framework
- Formulation of Risk Appetite statement, defining tolerances and limits for the elements of the Operational risk
- Development of the guidelines and policies for Operational Risks and deploy the Risk Management Framework to required teams
- Develop KRIs for risk management and control indicators
- Assist in identifying and evaluating emerging risk areas across the operational activities
- Keep abreast of latest operational risk management techniques and industry best practices
3. Collaborate with stakeholders on
- On a regular basis provide framework and professional guidance to stakeholders for them to consider, identify, assess, mitigate, and report on risks confronting the organization specifically Operational risks;
- Develop methodology and rollout risk-control self-assessments & Key risk indicators for on-going monitoring of operational risks
- Use influence to ensure risk Management Framework is followed by each function and support team to manage conflict effectively
- Revisit appropriateness and status of risk tolerance levels and mitigating actions of each policy and action owner
4. Risk Assurance :
- Independently assess processes, policies, systems and controls with a fresh eye and provide risk assurance periodically.
1. Strong influencing, networking & advisory consulting skills
2. Analytical skills and process orientation
3. Ability to work in ambiguity
4. Self-starter with strong self-motivation and a capacity to work in a newly established across functional team
5. Strong Presentation and communication skills
6. Organised and capable of producing detailed and accurate documentation
If the above role excites you, Kindly share your updated Photo Word (Doc) resume with the below mentioned details -
Current Residence Location :
Open to relocate, if yes, pls share reason :
Family set up ( spouse, kids etc ) :
Ed Qual - MBA Finance /Post Grad with year :
Total Post Qual Exp :
Exp of working in Consulting Firms ( yrs) :
Current role is in Operational Risk / Financial Risk - pls specify :
Exp in Internal Audit ( yrs) :
OK with Individual Contributor role :
Current Company :
Current Desgn :
Current CTC (Fixed + Variable) :
Expected CTC :
DOB & Age :
Official Notice Period :
Earliest Joining you can manage ( Leaves, Buyout option etc) :
Gaps in Career / education If any :
Pls note candidates who are currently handling financial risk, will not be evaluated for this role.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.