Consultant at Huquo Consulting
Views:1232 Applications:211 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:101
Senior Manager - Model Risk Management - Insurance (6-13 yrs)
The person will be part of the model risk management team for a major Insurance client. He/ She will work with different stakeholders to identify, communicate and measure risk associated with a different model within the organization.
- The person will be responsible for the development and implementation of risk management and compliance policies/ procedures.
- A typical workday will involve interviewing different model owners/ user, understanding the model process flow and components, documenting current model and data flows and maintaining an inventory of various models and their dependents.
- The person will also be required to participate actively in brainstorming sessions for improve risk management and compliance environment of the organization.
- A suitable candidate should have 3-6 years of experience in a similar role and should possess a go -gette attitude. He/ She should be able to deal with ambiguity.
- Experience in life insurance preferred but not mandatory.
Key Responsibilities & Skillsets:
- Superior finance, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be able to work on a problem independently and prepare client ready deliverable with minimal or no supervision
- Good communication skill for client interaction
Model Risk Management Skillsets:
- Background in Finance, Mathematics or related fields of study
- Good understanding of the latest model risk guidelines such as SR11- 7, TRIM, CCAR
- Good knowledge of Advanced Excel, VBA and some knowledge of statistical packages and languages ( e.g., R, Python, SQL)
- Have worked on projects involving model documentation, validation/ testing, model monitoring and reporting
- Professional certification CFA, FRM, etc. will be an added advantage
Data Management Skillsets:
- Ability to understand data models and exposure to ETL tools is preferred
- Should have strong grasp of advanced SQL functionalities (joins, nested query, and procedures).
- Strong ability to understand functional specifications / technical requirements
- Bachelor- s/Master's degree in finance, mathematics, or related analytics areas
- 5-7 years- experience preferably in Life Insurance but not mandatory
- Strong and in-depth understanding of finance
- Model risk management experience
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Is able to understand cross cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe