Principal Consultant at Jubilant HR Consultant
Views:2162 Applications:117 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Senior Manager/Manager - Legal - Life Insurance - LLB/LLM (6-8 yrs)
Our Client is one of the leading life insurance companies in India. Established a decade ago, our client is a joint venture between one of India's leading and diversified financial services organization with one of the oldest and biggest insurance companies across the globe.
Role - Sr. Manager/ Manager - Legal
Qualification - Bachelor in Law/Masters in Law from a recognized university
Required Experience :
6 to 8 years of experience in Contract negotiation and drafting agreements mainly into Insurance /Banking Domain
Key Responsibilities :
- Identify areas of risk in relation to Organizations - operations and provide solutions to manage the risks.
- Review, draft and negotiate agreements, documents and manage the contractual risks.
- Assist in the development of best practices within Organization regarding the legal aspects and risks involved in various commercial and distribution contracts.
- To provide strategic legal advice in terms of new and proposed legislation and their impact on the contract portfolio.
- Leads discussions with internal and external stakeholders to ensure deriving efficient and effective solutions to meet commercial objectives.
- Ensure timely dissemination of statutory, regulatory reports.
- Provide regular reports and updates to Head Contracts, Head Legal and to internal functions, as appropriate
Measures of Performance :
- Timely closure of Agreements
- Minimize unforeseen legal exposure for the Company while entering into commercial relationships
- Timely legal support in terms of legal interpretation required for the business projects and products
- Quality of legal advice/ opinion
- Compliance with the provisions of Insurance Act and other regulatory provisions
- Provide in - house legal support required by stakeholders in internal as well as external dealings
- Establishes effective relationships with customers and staff, networks effectively within the organization.
- At all levels, follows the defined processes and procedures of the organization and ensure closure of assignments without diluting the core values.