Senior Manager - Legal - Media - LLB (10-12 yrs)
Position title: Senior Manager - Legal
Reports to (role): Senior Director, Legal
To independently draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts and drive contracts to closure; strategize on litigation matters with external counsel and internal stakeholders and manage reportees on the team.
Dimensions: Employees managed: Direct : 1
Financial DA: Nil
The key accountabilities are, but not limited to:
- Drafting, vetting and redlining of legal documents including Master Service Agreements, Manpower Staffing Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Lease Agreements, Inter Company Agreements, settlement agreements etc.
- Negotiating client and vendor contracts and taking them to closure independently
- Identifying legal, commercial, operational risks associated in each commercial contract and taking appropriate steps to resolve and mitigate the risks
- Advising the agencies on risks associated with contracts
- Responsible for proper execution of contracts and managing a database/MIS of executed contracts
- Conducting and undertaking due diligence activities pertaining to contracts
Intellectual Property Rights/Compliance/Litigation/Due Diligence
- Provide response to the agencies on queries pertaining to Intellectual Property Rights any general advisory matters
- Capture changes in legislations and prepare a framework of compliances for implementation by internal teams
- Provide support for any internal investigation on a need basis
- Manage direct reportees and provide guidance and support to them in contract closure, day to day assignments and help them grow in the organisation
Ensure a sound understanding of, demonstrate commitment to & comply with all statutory & Publicis Groupe Policies (Janus) relevant to your role & all activities undertaken in that role.
Personal & Team Accountabilities
- Actively develop and maintain strong working relationships with all Re;Sources personnel both at an interpersonal level and across all business processes within the wider business environment.
- Actively maintain communication and behaviour standards that foster a culture of strong customer and service excellence both within Re:Sources and across all customer and supplier organisations.
(internal &/or external): - Brand Teams
- Internal Re:Sources Teams
- Lawyer from reputed Law school with 10-12 years of experience
- Preferably from a reputed MNC
- The candidate should have strong contract drafting, review and negotiation skills
- The candidate should have sufficient ability to coordinate litigation matters
Other Skills (including technology)
- Proficiency in English language
- Hands on exposure for working knowledge in Microsoft Office (especially Word)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and in particular an ability to comprehend complex commercial contract related queries and review the same
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning while reviewing complex legal contracts
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skill do deal with stake holders/Agencies
- Excellent team and time management skills
- Should be able to handle work in pressuring situations
- Should be willing to go an extra mile for turning around work
- Should be willing to travel, if required
I have fully read the above position description. I declare that:
- I accept and understand my responsibilities listed in this position description and agree to carry them out to the best of my ability.
- I accept and understand the potential implications of breaching my responsibilities listed in this position description, including the possibility of disciplinary action and / or dismissal.
Employee Name: Date:
Employee Signature: Date: