Senior Manager - Legal/M&A - Consulting Firm (8-13 yrs)
CTC- 25-30lpa LPA
Need for law firm / Big 4 consultant with experience on M&A legal
Need expertise of Merger & acquisition contract handling.
- To extensively work on Joint Ventures, Mergers and Acquisitions on contractual front.
- To provide expert corporate services on a wide range of legal matters.
- To maintain a sustained contact with legal professionals and government officials for initiating and follow-ups on legal procedures and finalising various legal agreements.
- Develop and lead the legal strategy across the business and act as a key point of contact regarding any business legal matters.
- Drafting and vetting of Agreements, MOU's, Term-sheets, Definitive Agreements (SHA, TLA,CSA etc.).
- Undertake research and study of contracts and risk matrix to capture the issues arising in connection with the transaction.
- Provide the legal framework for drafting, advisory support, conclusion of contracts and completion of all related legal formalities) and monitor them from a legal viewpoint.
- Develop an effective legal function across & support the Legal & Compliance Department to identify and manage legal risk.
- Participate in the development of processes, policies and procedures designed to reduce legal risk and/or increase the efficiency of the team. Proactively advise on and help to manage important changes in law and regulations.
- Monitor trends in the regulatory and statutory environment for their impact on an organisation and suggest an action plan for addressing them
- Ensure that external legal engagements are coordinated and effective and provide support for panel arrangements when required.
- Drive the development and maintenance of good relationships with internal and external business stakeholders at appropriate levels ensuring an open and cooperative environment
- Provide legal advice, briefings, recommendations and reports on material legal risks and issues to business, country and functional stakeholders.
- Standardize and develop documentation.
- Good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of legal risk
- Must possess strong team player qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Sound judgment on business practices, and reputational risk
- Personal authority and integrity with proven ability to establish relationships and exert influence at the country level
- Independence, robustness ethics and resilience
- Excellent financial & analytical skills
- Strong conviction and positive attitude
- Minimum 9 and not more than 13 years PQE.
- Experience with automotive and manufacturing sector is preferred.
- Possess excellent English written and verbal communication and drafting skills with strong attention to detail and have demonstrated strong initiative, good judgment and the ability to find pragmatic solutions that comply with the Company guidelines and with applicable law.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, willingness to take initiative, the ability to work without significant supervision and excellent interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should gain an understanding of the Company's philosophy and approach.
- Ability to grasp complex areas of law rapidly and accurately.
- Attention to details, ability to work independently as well as with a cross function team and do multi-tasking.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Occasionally, on requirement basis.