HR Manager at Happilo International Private Limited
Views:867 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Senior Manager - Legal - FMCG - LLB (8-12 yrs)
Senior Legal Manager
Managing Legal & other related Compliances:
- Civil, Criminal, and consumer Litigation Management - Defending and Protecting the Company's Business Interests and Aversion to unwarranted Demands and Claims against the Company. Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors. Handling of cases pertaining to Agreements, Arbitration, Negotiable Instruments Act, Consumer Cases, Labour Cases, Property matters, Criminal matters, Civil Suits & and other litigation of the company. Responsible for updating the court case proceedings, recording, and following up on all legal matters, and planning the legal recourses whenever required. Advising on arbitration, negotiation, and conciliation in commercial disputes between the parties.
- Drafting and Finalising various contracts, Agreements, Conveyance Deeds, and other legal documents. Vetting application forms, customer/buyer agreements, etc. Ensure that the draft agreement/comments are reviewed before releasing the draft to the user department.
- Liaoning with divisions - Audit of Agreements - Generating gap report
- Facilitating various departments and providing legal advice on all customer/vendor-related issues. Issuance of Notices /Replies to the notices.
- Compliance with all manufacturing licenses. Following up on renewal of licenses. Ensuring documents required by plants are in place.
- Ensuring business is compliant with all the compliance with respect to food/consumer business, such as compliance of legal metrology, fssai, Std of Weights & Measures, etc. taking care of all the relevant registration based on business needs.
- Releasing of legal advisory, and regulatory updates on a regular basis.
- IPR Management including trademarks, copyrights, patents, application for new IPRs, and renewal of existing IPRs. To support the in-house registration process of trademarks of the F&B brands
- Franchise business support: Drafting and negotiating term sheets, MOUs and Contracts pertaining to franchises and similar kinds of business models;
- Providing accurate, effective, and timely legal advice, analysis, and support on commercial and contractual matters taking into account the commercial environment
- Providing accurate, effective, and timely legal advice, analysis, and support on commercial and contractual matters taking into account the commercial environment - To act as the day-to-day interface between the company and external counsel, briefing external counsels and attending hearings in the courts and other regulatory forums and government departments
- Co-ordinates with intra departments of the company in respect of commercial and contractual matters where appropriate to ensure that all relevant legal issues are identified and appropriate support is provided
- Understand the tax and regulatory structure of the company and be able to safeguard the company from exposure in the contracts.
- Assists in the development of best practices with regard to the legal aspects of commercial and contractual matters entrusted
- Influences and assists in discussions between clients and other functions to ensure the best solution to meet commercial objectives and to encourage best practices
- Provide regular reports and updates to the line manager and to internal stakeholders, as appropriate
Key Challenges in the role:
- The F&B Industry is now being regulated with various legislations governing almost every aspect of it which makes doing business and compliance a real challenge. The incumbent should be able to keep himself/herself updated with new developments relating to the business and apply them to mitigate risk and exposure for the company. The incumbent is expected to grasp the key provisions and apply them effectively in each endeavor he/she undertakes in this position.
- It is expected that the incumbent will have high energy levels to absorb as much as possible the daily learning in the legal fields governing the F&B industry, positively respond to stress levels that are common to the legal profession, and have an attitude and confidence (including command over spoken and written English) that compliments his/her legal work.
- Minimum 8 plus years post LL.B. as in-house lawyer.
- The credentials of law school/university from which Incumbent has done LL.B. will be considered.
- A stint in the F&B industry shall be an added advantage.
- Incumbent must have excellent command over spoken and written English.
- Incumbent must be self-driven and motivated to take initiatives
- The incumbent must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle pressure situations with alacrity.
- Incumbent must have multitasking ability. Timely and efficient delivery of legal support is the key.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.