Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:895 Applications:65 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Manager - Legal - Design Firm (8-13 yrs)
Are you a law wizard full of ideas with the ability to craft and implement legal policies of an adynamic and innovative global company. Then read on.
Our client is a leading multinational architecture, design, planning and consulting firm. The company is spearheaded by a dynamic team that brings to the table vast entrepreneurial and architectural experience with them from reputed organizations.
As the Senior Manager Legal, you will be responsible for assisting and handling project negotiation discussions with clients/ vendors/ consultants to finalise contractual terms.
What you will do:
- Drafting/ reviewing/ improvising company policies, conduct legal training relevant to the company/industry to ring-fence the organization
- Providing counsel and guidance to management, global business units, BD and other business organization, and managing the risk management function and regulatory compliance including in areas such as data security, privacy, intellectual property management and others.
- Preparing & reviewing loan documentation, transactional documents such as shareholders agreements, joint ventures, potential acquisitions etc.
- Handling pre-litigation and litigations matters and advising organisation the best recourse, preparation of legal notices, provide assistance/ brief to external counsel for preparation of pleadings and other related case papers.
- Co-ordinating and following up with external counsel for any arbitration and court proceedings.
- Handling labour compliances in various geographical locations in India, legal compliances for the company, its businesses, office establishments and all other applicable compliances.
- Advising, managing and handling trademark and copyright portfolio.
- Researching on laws and regulations relevant to the company, educating the business teams on the latest updates in the legal field related to company's business.
- Dealing with a complex matter with multiple stakeholders.
- Being accountable for any other legal matter assigned by the company or reporting manager
What you need to have:
- Law graduate with 7-8 years of experience in court practice or litigation experience while working with a law firm.
- Well versed with Contract drafting and vetting, drafting responses etc. as there is a huge volume of contracts and agreements (pertaining to Vendors/ Suppliers/ Clients/ Software licences etc)
- The company strongly believes in its Ethics and core values and thus a high degree of professional ethics and integrity is a must.
- Have a strong commercial contracting experience, including understanding contracts management principles
- Ability to craft and implement legal policies and training, as well as experience reviewing, revising, drafting, negotiating, interpreting and advising on sophisticated and complex contracts more specific to interior and architecture design industry, design execution/construction contracts, supply and services contracts, insurances and other related contracts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without compromising on quality and customer satisfaction.
- Strong judgment, attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated team ability to inform and work well with diverse groups, including peers and external clients
- Providing accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
- Collaborating with management and provide efficient advice in strategic decisions; Regularly monitor compliances
- Overall responsibility to ensure that the company's business transactions are in accordance with the applicable