Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2251 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:100
Senior Manager - Legal - Asset Management Firm - LLB/LLM (5-10 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed asset management company, to identify an Senior Manager - Legal to be based at Mumbai.
- Develop and lead the legal strategy across the business and act as a key point of contact regarding any business legal matters.
- Liaise with government departments and regulatory authorities for obtain necessary sanctions and ensure timely and effective legal solution to all issues faced by the organization.
- Drafting and vetting of conveyance deeds, development agreements, investment in NCDs, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support documents and other relevant documentation
- Drafting and vetting of shareholders agreements, debenture subscription agreements, Corporate Guarantees, vetting of contracts such as Term Sheets/MoUs for Investment transactions, Trademark Licensing agreements, Software Licensing agreements and related documents.
- Responsible for thorough Due Diligence of the securities offered for various products.
- Follow up with Investee companies to ensure that all conditions precedent and conditions subsequent are duly complied.
- Coordinate with law firms and other legal advisors and consultants on litigation matters, arbitration and conciliation process, reviewing of documents, plaints, affidavits etc. submitted by the external lawyers for litigation.
- Filing of necessary forms with registrar of companies and coordinating with Investee companies to ensure that these forms are filed.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate course of action have/need to been taken.
- Responsible for day to day legal activities and monitoring.
- Post investment follow-up of compliance of conditions subsequent and perusing the quarterly reports, attending Board meetings of the Company and broadly taking stock of the working of the Company and the specific Projects.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- To conduct research relating to transactions that are hit by FEMA and SEBI, RBI, Companies Act, Indian Contract Act and other statutes.
- Provide updates on any relevant changes in applicable laws and regulations on a timely basis.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Be able to work independently with minimum supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and respond to business needs and goals.
- Able to demonstrate and provide commitment for a long-term career.
- Have good organizational skills, with an ability to manage and prioritize deliverables in order to meet deadlines as required.
- Strong knowledge of SEBI regulations governing Alternate Investment Funds and Portfolio Management Services.
- Strong knowledge of recovery proceedings including action under Insolvency Code, Negotiable Instruments Act, Transfer of Property Act.
Ideal candidates should have a degree in Law with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
Interested candidates meeting with the above requirements may please respond with a recent photograph and resume in word format