Views:2043 Applications:253 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:228
Senior Manager - Learning & Development - Insurance Broking Firm (12-17 yrs)
Division : Human Resources
Department : Human Resources
Sub-Department : Talent Management & Employee Engagement
Job Title : Senior Manager - Learning & development
Reports to Head : TMOD
Job Purpose :
To design and effectively implement the Learning Strategy for the organization with the objective to ensure better readiness of the talent pool on depth of technical and business knowledge. To help in esign and own implementation of leadership development initiatives.
Job Dimensions :
Knowledge and Expertise :
Competent : Should have developed knowledge and skills in HR through formal training, certification or work experience in related division or function.
- Professional Certification is mandatory. Considered competent in the field of work and beginning to develop knowledge of the business, marketplace and clients.
Job Complexity :
Similar - Work is performed independently under general direction and is assigned in terms of specific objectives to be achieved. Work is specialized and impacts performance at the team or process level. Problems are of a recurring nature but require initiative and judgment to deliver results.
Communication Skills :
- Interpret/Advisory - Interprets or explains data or information to deliver messages to audiences not knowledgeable about the subject matter. Role is consultative and may not have an authority to affect decisions and outcomes
People Management and Strategic Impact :
Experienced Contributor - Contributes to team-based approach by proactively anticipating and managing customer needs as well as in the completion of projects. Acts as a mentor to new hires and provides informal guidance to junior staff. Primary accountability is for individual results and mentoring others
Financial Impact :
No direct / indirect accountability to functional budget or costs. Supports in cost management through achievement of functional goals and leading process improvements.
Geographical Impact :
- All Business Unit in India
Principle Accountabilities :
1. Learning Strategy :
- Structure and design the talent development strategy for the organization in collaboration with functional Directors & Heads.
- Create a compelling strategy for the L&D team in line with organizational strategy to develop the Company's Talent Hub
- Motivate team and inculcate a culture of looking at new ways of working more effectively by using benchmarked technologies and learning tools
- Incorporate e-learning, byte sized learning, AI, virtual learning, self-learning and other learning methodologies fit-for-purpose for the employees to learn without boundaries. Help develop a culture of self-learning.
2. Leadership Development :
- Provide direction and develop lasting leadership development programs for all leadership roles in the organization
- Explore and research best available options for leadership skills development, design and support development of leadership skills from young leaders to those entering the boardroom
- Ensure timely delivery of programs and assess impact to provide business benefit
3. Content and instructional design :
- Provide strategic support in creation of instructional content, storyline and learning design for impactful training content. Take ideas from design to execution by effectively upgrading skill of team to deliver as per plan.
- Provide inputs to team for best in class methodologies for content development. Development skills within team on design and support quality of outputs by providing professional inputs and feedback for achieving business results through training inputs
- Provide thought leadership in design of content for learning at senior management levels
- Drive development of programs that incorporate overall business objective and ensures business outcomes aligned to the 3 year strategy of the organization
4. Training Effectiveness :
- Design and implement a talent development effectiveness framework and implement it effectively for all managerial programs
- Should be able to showcase to business the impact created by development inputs and set expectations for program level support required for planned objective achievement
- Should be able to design frameworks and initiatives to ensure achievement of program objectives through tools that go beyond learning alone.
5. People Management :
- Owns the organization structure and ensures an optimal team strength in order to meet business goals
- Responsible for creating and implementing people development strategies for team for current and future skill requirements of the team
- Mentor team members for larger and challenging goals/roles with a view to create an adept workforce. Is able to motivate team in the right direction and provide support for achieving annual objectives
- Responsible for ensuring an engaged workforce with a view of levels of engagement and - intent to stay- of team
- Select right talent for right roles
6. Stakeholder Management :
- Build strong relationships of trust with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure learning solutions are effectively integrated into functional plans
- Influence discussions with businesses on learning needs and identify areas of business impact. Advise and facilitate the learning strategy creation for functions by providing perspective on talent and learning gaps. Influence Leaders to adopt and support effective approaches to L&D.
- Liaise with colleagues in other operating companies to create opportunities for exposure in the technical training domain and work with the onshore teams as one team
7. Delivery Management :
- Ensure timely communication of learning calendar, programs, events and learning initiatives throughout the organization
- Ensure timely delivery of all programs - in-house as well as external
- Ensure timely delivery on all BAU activities through the team - MIS, regular business connect, escalation management, work allocation and more
Operating Environment :
The India Human Resources Team partners all the lines of businesses (Operations, Knowledge Services, Finance & information Technology) of the company.
The HR team provides services around:
- Recruitment and Onboarding
- Compensation Management
- Talent Management and Organization Development
- Learning and Development
The Senior Manager - L&D is expected to support the HR strategy on Talent Management and Learning & Development while tying in with the larger HR strategy and by effectively designing, implementing, coordinating and tracking the effectiveness of these plans across the organization.
Framework & Boundaries :
- Labour Laws & Company Laws
- Company Policies and Processes
- Talent Management Frameworks set by Group
Person Specifications :
Essential: Graduate in any stream with a full time MBA from a tier 1/2 institute
Desirable: MBA with a specialization in HR
Essential: trained in instructional design with experience in development of learning content for leadership programs
Desirable: Coaching Skills
Essential : 12+ years of experience in HR working in a medium to large sized service organization. Should have at least 6 years of experience in the areas of Learning & development. Experience of developing TNI/TNA, training design and implementation.
Desirable : Experience of managing large training teams focused on training delivery and management. Should have experience of content design
Essential : Learning methodologies, learning tools, instruction design, new technologies, Facilitation skills
Desirable : Knowledge of the insurance broking industry
Skills & Abilities :
- Ability to think & ideate differently Multi- tasking skills
- Ability to plan and implement projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical and numeric abilities
- Relationship building and negotiation abilities
- Ability to work against timelines effectively
Essential: Should be proactive and self-motivated to take risks and drive change