Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:357 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Manager/Head - Knowledge Management - NGO (10-30 yrs)
Organization:- CARE INDIA
Job Title:- SR. MANAGER/ HEAD KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
Reports to:- COO
CARE is a not-for-profit organisation working in India for over 70 years, focusing on alleviating poverty and social injustice. We do this through well-planned and comprehensive projects in health, education, livelihoods, and disaster preparedness and response. Our overall goal is the empowerment of women and girls from poor and marginalised communities leading to improvement in their lives and livelihoods.
During FY 2020-21, CARE India directly reached out to 52.7 million people through 53 programmes across 18 states, covering more than 130+ districts. We are part of the CARE International Confederation, working in 100 countries for a world where people live with dignity and security.
CARE India seeks a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
The organisation's goal is to ensure that women and girls from the most marginalized communities are empowered, live in dignity and their households have secure and resilient lives. CARE India aims to accomplish this goal by working with 50 million people to help them have quality health, education, livelihoods and overcome the effects of disasters.
Their employees are committed to CARE's values, Code of Conduct, and safeguarding commitments towards a safe workplace for all, including the principle of 'do no harm'. They are also responsible to uphold and strengthen our safeguarding commitments in their role. To know more about our safeguarding policies please visit our website link given below.
Read more about Care India 's work at: www.careindia.org | Regd. as CARE India Solutions for Sustainable Development
CARE India's Knowledge Management and Learning Centre (KMLC) is a Centre of Excellence working on impact focused knowledge management via institutionalizing, showcasing, and facilitating quality and sustainable evidence-based learning and action across diverse sectors - Health, Education, Livelihood, DPR and Gender Equality; along with intersectoral linkages for multiple partners and varied stakeholders.
KMLC is built on years of scientific evidence creation, collective wisdom-based programming; works closely with system and is continually on-ground for research and development (even during the pandemic); and has inhouse developed digital data quality management, analytics and visualization platform.
- The incumbent will be responsible for management and implementation of KMLC strategy across all program verticals, projects for internal as well as external stakeholders.
- S/he will be responsible for planning & timely execution of all key monthly, quarterly & annual activities and ensure that all identified outputs are generated. These will include information management, internal reporting requirements, external reporting requirements, dissemination (including publications) to all relevant stakeholders, and designing new knowledge strategies.
- S/he will work closely with CARE leadership and senior KMLC team for critical information management for all relevant stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:-
- Oversee the implementation of critical KMLC functions including internal reporting requirements, information management, and dissemination.
- Support CARE Leadership in setting a learning agenda, articulating learning questions and actions required to answer the learning questions.
- Continuously landscape and curate the external stakeholder landscape to ensure knowledge 'dots' are connected.
- Oversee the functionalities of all digital solutions and applications; evaluate the benefits, effectiveness and gaps; and suggest and devise any new functionalities needed.
- Plan and disseminate findings to the appropriate stakeholders. These may include planning and preparation of scientific publications; specific development of presentations, films and other documentation materials; presentation of achievement and learning of the program in various conferences, meetings and other relevant forums.
- Continuous identification and transformation of select program/ project elements into products that can be used for dissemination & branding.
- Continuous capacity building of KMLC and CARE India teams on identified skills, and of external stakeholders on request.
- Knowledge Management Team, Concurrent Monitoring & Learning Bihar Team, Impact Measurement Team, Partner Organisations, Care International, Communications Team, Programs Team, FRMC
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Competencies & Soft Skills:-
- Able to articulate and communicate well to all stakeholders (both verbally and in writing) in a manner that meets the different needs of different audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively interact with external evaluators and to build partnerships around common interests and goals
2. Research skills:
- Agility and innovativeness in problem solving; with the ability to translate new ideas into implementable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex data into simple understandable information for diverse audience.
3. Team Management & Collaboration / People skills:
- Team leader as well as team player, multitasker, ability to mentor team members.
4. Change Management:
- Understanding of existing knowledge management landscape across the globe; and changing needs of the ecosystem
5. Strategic Thinking and Analysis:
- Ability to lead, strategize, conceptualize, design, develop, implement, and continuously improvise knowledge management.
- Master's degree in management/ development studies/ public policy/ equivalent field.
- At least 8 - 10 years of proven/ documented experience in knowledge management/ monitoring, evaluation or learning/ management consulting
- Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Use of storytelling while presenting complex ideas in an engaging manner.
- At least 5 years of the above experience in government/ social sector/ development sector/ donor consulting. Private sector business consulting experience is desirable.
- At least 5 years of the above experience in managing MEL for social sector/ development sector. Data driven policy making experience is desirable.
- Deep understanding of and experience with large donor funded development projects. Experience with CSRs is desirable.
- Understanding of Indian social sector and relevant stakeholders. Experience in other similar geographies is desirable.
- Proficiency in analytical thinking, strategy formulation and stakeholder management. Experience in data analytics, information systems, knowledge products is desirable.
- A PhD in development issues/ policy and programmes/ equivalent field is desirable.