Director/Co-Founder at Rainbow HR Consulting Services
Views:871 Applications:127 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:99
Senior Manager - Environment/Health & Safety - Construction/Infrastructure Projects (10-12 yrs)
Sr Manager EHS
Profile : EHS Manager, is a project site based role; will be overall in-charge for supporting and managing Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) activities for the project and directly reporting to Head - EHS India; will closely work with the operations team and with general contractors and Key Vendors to ensure implementation of EHS plans, practices and ensure compliance with Company's procedures and process including control of High Risk Activities such as heavy lifting using mobile crane and tower cranes, excavation, trenching, Hot Works, piling, electrical Installations, working at heights using scaffold and gondolas, Confined Space, Material Handling and Logistic movements at site
- Oversees implementation of EHS policies, standards, procedures and construction specific plans for the specified projects and region; Manage EHS regulatory compliance for projects with in depth knowledge of BOCW and relevant regulations
- Develop and deliver EHS training material and trainings to the affected including staff Subcontractor(s) and management team
- Conduct trade specific and High-Risk Activities training and coaching as per schedule
- Have good experience in managing 'Fit-out' work of a greenfield projects
- Organize and conduct weekly, monthly EHS meetings with project EHS teams and track action items
- Support incident/accident investigation to gather facts, conduct root cause analysis and recommend preventive and corrective actions
- Review and uphold site EHS plans, Permit to Work system for High Risk Activities, Methods of Statements, Safe Operating Procedures for construction and fit-out activities
- Conduct site inspection and audits to ensure compliance, implementation and feel of safe behaviours and practices at project sites
- Complete Hazard identification and risk assessment for typical construction activities and ensure implementation of recommends control measures
- Review Contractors Risk management and Construction activities plan, identify the weakness and gaps and challenge the feasibility and practicality of controls
- Develop and implement construction EHS related programs and policies for safe execution and safe working such as house rules, recognition and reward, labor camps etc.
- Develop and drive strong proactive EHS culture & safe behavior
- Lead, Manage and Mentor EHS Officers team to enforce safe practices and reduce non compliance.
- B.E./B.Tech in Environmental/Civil/Mechanical/Safety Engineering
- Advance Diploma in Safety/EHS - NEBOSH / IOSH or NICMAR or equivalent
- Desirable - Bachelor's or master's in occupational health, Safety and Environment Management.
- More than 10-12 years of experience in managing EHS activities for construction of large infrastructure projects.
- Had experience of managing a team of 3 to 5 EHS officer/Engineers.
- Hands on experience of managing and reviewing EHS risk and controls for construction high risk activities such Excavation, heavy lifting, Trenching, Hot Works, Working at Heights, Confined Space etc.
- Experience in Fit outs work of a large site engaging and managing multiple partners/vendors from different background.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of compliance with BOWC and other statutory requirements.
- Good understanding and implemented EHS standards at an engineering industry and at construction projects