Senior Manager - Demand Planning - FMCG (6-8 yrs)
Job Description - Sr. Manager - Demand Planning
- Excellent understanding of various Demand planning processes like rolling forecasting, creating future projections & inventory management.
- Will need to supervise all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models
- Manages and Analyses complex and disconnected data and business analyses to develop short, medium and long term forecasts for assigned Category Line and make recommendations to the management.
- Ability to work independently to construct complex statistical models to forecast business performance.
- Identify and analyze sales trends and influencing variables and incorporate analysis in forecasting & inventory planning.
- Partnering with Vendors, sourcing and other planners to identify and reconcile gaps and supply shortages, providing an early warning system for issues identification
- ABC Classification, Inventory analysis & reporting.
- Fostering Supply Chain initiatives & Continuous Improvement.
- As part of the Supply Chain team, will need to develop, implement and drive the overall supply chain strategy.
- Complete ownership of Inventory Planning, MRP function in the organization and manages a team of Planners.
- Successfully monitors and communicate forecasts, changes, inventory estimates, supply situations, business risks and opportunities, mitigation plans to vendors & clients.
- Providing planning inputs for phase in/ phase out plans in consultation with vendors, clients and internal team.
- Developing country level deployment plan which meets anticipated customer demand at optimum inventory levels. Takes joint responsibility with warehousing teams for inventory accountabilities across regional DCs.
- Proactive coordination with key Clients and external stakeholders to achieve desired business outcomes and drive improvements and reduce wastages across the Demand planning activities
- Guiding and mentoring team members for achieving inventory targets and forecast accuracy.
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent at forecasting and inventory planning skills
- Experience of working on ERP - SAP, Oracle etc. and excellent at operating Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of MS excel is a must (Pivots, charts, trends, lookups etc)
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to work with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across departments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical, logical thinker and problem solver, with the ability to find solutions by thinking out of the box
- Able to work effectively within defined deadlines
- Ability to generate and effectively implement plans/ideas
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people and manage teams in different regions
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Educational Qualification: (UG - Any Graduate - Any Specialization) AND (MBA from reputed institution)
Industry: FMCG / Foods / Beverage, Hotels / Restaurants / SCM & Logistics