Senior Manager - Corporate Communications - Legal Firm (12-14 yrs)
- Recommend best approaches to achieve profile raising objectives for the Firm, Practice and Individual Partners while considering messages, audiences, outlets, content and other factors.
- Develop and track practice specific budgets for communications activities on an annual and quarterly basis, in alignment with Practice heads, ensure these are implemented with discipline.
- Help develop media and communications strategy for the Firm and its various Practices.
- Identify and develop interesting story pitches, targeted at business editors and reporters that helps build a strong media profile in a sustained, positive and proactive manner, especially at top-tier business publications.
- Track opportunities for placement of content in leading international and domestic legal publications on a paid and non-paid basis. Work back with Partners to ensure flag up these opportunities and ensure the content is developed in time for placement.
- Track media visibility for competition, with a view to ensuring that the Firm is not missing out on any opportunities and is able to favourably position Practices and Partners in the media vis- a -vis competitors.
- Work back with social media and content manager to optimise content generated through media outreach.
- Supervise PR agency to ensure delivery of optimum media coverage, while complementing their efforts through own relationships at senior editor level wherever required.
- Facilitate in conceptualisation and execution of high quality events organised by the Firm, those in collaboration with external industry bodies, in both, offline and online formats.
- Creatively optimise content generated through such events in offline and online formats.
- Help in development and circulation of collaterals, including Firm, Practice and Individual Lawyer specific literature including profiles to be updated on an on-going basis, newsletters etc.
- Contribute to maintaining a high quality database that can support effective outreach of communications programs.
- 12-14 years of experience in media relations and corporate communications in large and dynamic organizations, preferably in a financial services or professional services environment and with partners/senior executives.
- Strong relationships with senior editors across leading publications and broadcast media.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with experience of developing high quality content.
- Understanding of integrated communications, including digital and social media.
- Self-motivated, proactive and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision but also a strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including pleasant nature and ability to influence others.
- Organized, detailed oriented individual with good project management skills.
- Strong client service orientation.