Principal Consultant at Jubilant HR Consultant
Views:544 Applications:134 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Senior Manager/Chief Manager - Legal - BFSI/IT/ITeS (10-15 yrs)
Senior Manager/Chief Manager - Legal - BFSI/IT/ITeS
- Our Client is headquarters in Mumbai and is Indias leading payment processing and solutions platform.
- A product and service with over a decade of leadership, our client has grown steadily, both in terms of the product offerings and partners.
About the role :
- Our client is looking for talented and highly motivated legal professionals, to support the rapidly growing and evolving business of the Company.
- The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad, generalist responsibilities, but with specialist legal subject skills in commercial law and regulatory matters pertaining to the payments sector. You will need to bring negotiation and drafting skills and business sense to deal with multiple functional teams in a rapidly evolving business and regulatory environment.
- Candidates are expected to support business, using their legal expertise and knowledge in managing strategic and operational areas to ensure delivery and legal protection.
- This position will report to the Head-Legal and Compliance of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
Your main responsibilities will cover a variety of legal issues concerning our payments and technology business. Amongst others, the following responsibilities apply to this position :
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts keeping company & business interest at the forefront.
- Work with cross-functional teams including client business/legal representative to agree on the contractual requirements/ changes in existing process and/ or new workflows;
- Liaise with business/ client representatives on inputs/terms to be agreed and drive legal negotiation with the objective of having a contract mutually agreed at and executed;
- Facilitate negotiations of various terms (including commercial & operational terms) for consideration in the contracts together with the Senior Management;
- Ensuring understanding and interpretation of contractual agreement with respect to the execution of required duties;
- Ensuring all commercial contracts are complete and in-force
- Ensure timely and smooth completion of all audits i.e., statutory, internal, ISO etc;
- Timely & accurate reporting to Management with updates;
- Keeping abreast of developments commercial awareness and business awareness
- Secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- Pro-actively create and maintain awareness of business employees for (compliance with) relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines
Basic Qualifications :
- University degree in Law from top tier Institute with strong academic credentials.
- CS degree will be an added advantage
- Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Experience in interacting and managing external legal counsels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
Candidate must have :
- 10+ years of relevant work experience preferably in payment companies/ banks/ fintech
- Understanding of the RBI guidelines pertaining to payments, outsourcing, lending, etc.
- Exposure to laws and developments pertaining to payments, data and privacy
- Excellent communication and drafting skills with an eye for detail
- Leadership skills having ability to influence and engage with cross-functional teams
- Technologically adept and possess excellent computer skills.
Required Experience : 10 years in payments/ Fintech /Banks (with experience in the payments domain)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.