Senior Manager - Ad Operations - Media Investment Firm (6-10 yrs)
About Client: Our Client is the world's largest media investment company and is a part of WPP. they are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Manager ops. The role will include internationalization and cross-regional export of the centralized digital service and buying model. The Ad Operations team makes sure that each one of the thousands of digital ads we run every day is tagged to pass the right information back so that we know which ads drive results, Be the first to know when big technology players like Google and Amazon change their product roadmaps and advise clients on how to get the most out of their technology budgets.
This team is responsible for delivering international solutions, particularly in APAC & EMEA, with some global influence.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to Associate Director - Ad Operations
3 best things about the job:
- You would be working in one of the most creative, product focused media agencies in the market
- Scope to work on various target segments and categories
- Exposure to working in a network with global clients and stakeholders across multi-media touchpoints.
Measures of success :
In three months:
- Developed strong working relationships with your internal stakeholders.
- Work with the execs to deliver accurate on-time campaign trafficking and QA.
- Contribute ideas towards which Ad Operations processes can be improved.
In six months:
- Developed a good grasp of how the various teams within the agency interact to produce best in class digital work.
- Gained an understanding of our scope of work across our major accounts.
- Through knowledge and delegation, effectively improve the efficiency and accuracy of the team.
- Supported the development of junior team members through training.
In 12 months:
- Fully own higher level troubleshooting tasks and provide recommended solutions.
- Provide stakeholders with professional, relevant and timely information.
- Actively leverage technology to deliver efficiencies.
What your day job looks like at Office:
- Managing a team's daily work on a queue of day to day trafficking tasks for digital advertising across a range of client accounts
- Motivating and monitoring the team to ensure they deliver a high volume of daily tasks with accuracy, precision and motivation
- Ensure that Ad Ops best practice and frameworks are adhered to, and demonstrate continued evolution
- Understand Ad Ops and Tech within the wider marketing mix and its strategic importance throughout the customer journey
- Ensure that web analytics, behavioral targeting, ad verification, and brand measurement tags are implemented correctly to deliver on company's goals in the wider measurement of digital advertising campaigns
- Manage the team's positive responses to requests from the UK office for help or support
- Support the team in querying trafficking requests that are unclear or incorrect, and presenting information effectively either via call or email when asking or responding to queries
- Proactively communicate team workload, problems and morale with the Connected Execution team in London
- Implement and thoroughly test publisher and 3 rd party pixels
- Liaise with the relevant creative agencies to ensure that all creative meets requirements and is ready to be effectively executed, with a focus on any dynamic creative approach
- Analyses and develop tracking on the client's websites to ensure effective user and conversion measurement takes place from ad to site
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams to ensure all conventions and processes are accurately followed
- Develop a good working relationship with the Technology and Data teams and be adaptable to support other clients' work where required
- Build a relationship with the ad-server client team to troubleshoot and improve the technology where possible
- Develop relationships with our Connected Execution team and internal account teams
- Present information effectively via email and on calls
- Understand and demonstrate collaborative teamwork
- Work with the Analytics team to ensure that all relevant information is being captured and included within our Data Dashboards
- Actively leverage technology to deliver efficiencies and provide internal teams with relevant and timely information
- Manage, motivate and train individuals in line with business requirements, resource and development needs
- Support, coach and nurture junior members of the team, ensuring their training and development needs are constantly evaluated and fulfilled
What will you Bring?
- Experience of setting up a team and processes
- Experience of managing people
- Excellent knowledge of digital technology marketplace, for either agency, media the owner or ad tech background
- In-depth experience in trafficking and campaign management
- Ability to develop relationships with internal teams
- Strong problem solver and able to quickly identify potential issues and build workable solutions
- Self-starter with a 'can do' attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effectively manage and prioritize workload and coach team to be able to do this
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience in Ad Ops or trafficking experience in a similar role
- Good level of verbal and written English