Vice President at Cucumber Consultants
Views:334 Applications:84 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Senior Internal Auditor - Oil & Gas (7-10 yrs)
Senior Internal Auditor - ( Sharjah )
Our client is a global leader for design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. HQ in London, looking to fill position in Sharjah.
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor (SIA)
Interested candidates will have to contact S Krishnan at 0091 8309618146
Main purpose of role:
- Perform independent objective audits across client's 130 offices across the globe s Audit Team Member or, with the right skills and capabilities, as Audit Lead
- Deliver audits, either as Audit Team Member and where the SIA has the right skills and capabilities as Audit Lead as described below:
Audit Team Member
1. Responsible for delivering the assigned audit work in line with GIA methodology with limited supervision.
2. Team member activities will include Execution and may include involvement in other stages of the audit. Assigned work will routinely include being responsible for delivering testing for lines of the test plan, writing associated work papers, drafting sections of the Audit Report and contributing to themes and insights.
3. Allocation as a team member will be based on consideration of skills and capabilities and/or development opportunities.
4. It is likely that at times while operating as a team member the SIA will have other activities to deliver such as planning for their next audit. Audit Lead
5. Audit Leads are identified when the annual Audit Programme is prepared. SIAs will be assigned as Audit Lead where they have the relevant skills and capabilities and/or it is a development opportunity. The expectation is that SIAs will have a number of Leads per year, with close supervision from a Senior Audit Manager (SAM).
6. As Audit Lead, the SIA will be accountable to the SAM for the end-to-end delivery of the Audit (Scoping, Planning, Execution, Reporting and Closure) in line with GIA methodology. It is likely that at times during the end-to-end process the SIA will have other activities to deliver such as being a team member on other audits.
7. In addition to delivering the audit the Audit Lead is also responsible for uploading the Findings to the database of Findings and assigning the relevant owner for each finding.
Other Internal Audit activities :
8. Verifying completion of Agreed Management Actions for Findings assigned in the database of findings that will be from audits completed/in area of business expertise.
- Support quarterly reporting to Management and the Board (e.g. Group Executive Committee and the Audit Committee). This could include updating data, writing sections of reports, supporting development of insights and themes.
- Internal Audit continuous improvement/Transformation activities - completing assigned activities in support of the Function.
- Business relationships - hold relationships with relevant people in the business both verbal and written to help facilitate delivery of assigned audit work.
- Live the High Values and operate to high ethical standards - we access confidential information and are visible across the Group, so we must operate to the highest standards.
- The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
- The postholder is expected to adhere to the 9 Lifesaving Rules in 2020, the client's Values and high Behaviours.
- Women candidates will be given Preference.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Internal Audit methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Business Knowledge - an understanding of E&C, oil & gas and/or the technical functions that support them, operating in client's key geographies.
- Functional knowledge - an understanding of some of the key support functions e.g. Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Company Secretariat, etc.
- Industry knowledge - knowledge of how client's competitors, clients and contractors operate.
- Graduate, possibly with second degree e.g. MSc, MBA - Professional qualification, for example Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, chartered or certified accountant, IT certifications, chartered engineer, etc.