Partner at Premier Consultants
Views:468 Applications:198 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Senior Data Scientist - Consulting Firm (2-6 yrs)
This is regarding A job opening for Senior Data scientist with A leading Consulting firm in Bangalore.
Job Description :
- A Bachelors' degree and above in computer science/statistics from a reputed institution. A Masters' degree in data science or a related discipline would be a plus
- 3-5 years as a data scientist. Experience in building a product would be a definite plus.
- Deep knowledge of both statistical and machine learning techniques, and experience in their application. However, experience in recommender algorithms, reinforcement learning and NLP would be a plus.
- Rich experience in building models on real-life datasets. Exposure to domains such as retail, BFSI, FMCG and QSR would be a plus.
- High degree of proficiency in R/Python. Working knowledge of SQL. Knowledge of C++/Java would be a plus.
Soft skills :
- Critical thinking : Distinguish between what's cool and what's likely to create a useful product that the market wants.
- Communication : Liaison effectively with product deployment teams and clients as required.
- Write white papers and research papers, give webinars, teach.
- Solutioning mindset : Work through vaguely defined real world problems, identify the technical problems to solve, and develop a stage-wise plan to solve them.
- Learning Ability : Constantly stay up-to-date on recent developments in the field, identify what's relevant to our mission and incorporate it as needed.
- Teamwork : Work with not just other data scientists, but also engineers, consultants, sales leaders and clients. Learn to speak their language and convince them about your point of view when required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.