Senior Talent Partner at Randstad India Limited
Views:547 Applications:245 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Senior Brand Manager - Manufacturing Firm (8-12 yrs)
Position - Sr. Brand Manager
Location - Mumbai
Company - MNC Manufacturing Company
Key Responsibilities :
Brand Management and Development:
- Track consumer insights and industry trends to deliver a winning product and marketing mix.
- Build the line architecture and pricing strategy of the assigned brand(s) and category.
- Maximize consumer, shopper and market opportunity to deliver incremental share year-on-year.
- Understand what's working in the market from a consumer, shopper and retailer POV (while balancing organization's needs).
- Build imported line from scratch based on learnings.
- Align with Global/Regional product priorities and execute in India
- Identify and execute local manufacturing opportunities based on gaps.
- Work towards building assets for the India manufactured products
- Drive pricing process for assigned brand(s) to deliver right price point to the consumer while also balancing finance KPIs
- Analytical bent of mind will have a strong advantage here
Demand generation through marketing communications and activations:
- Define brand strategy for the year based on consumer/shopper insights, brand goals and business objectives
- Design effective marketing strategy with a clear calendar of activities to drive consumer pull
- Manage and drive complete execution of marketing plan including TV, PR, digital and offline media buys.
- Work with various stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver visibility, share of voice, experiential and engagement initiatives that result in faster sales conversions.
- Engage trade partners to become preferred partners/vendors within the category.
- Business and Brand P&L management to ensure delivery of aligned top-line and bottom-line
- Accountable for top-line and bottom-line delivery for the assigned brand(s) in line with the Annual Operating Plans
- Consistent tracking of brand and product line performance in market and taking corrective actions wherever needed to correct anomalies.
- Effective inventory management to balance avails and demands resulting in delivering agreed obsolescence controls
Forecasting & budgeting :
- Responsible for estimating and managing forecasts for assigned brand(s) and tracking every quarter to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for reporting on key finance metrics on a quarterly basis for assigned brand(s) to track business performance
- Responsible and accountable for current year budgets for assigned brand(s) and tracking estimated vs. actual spends to ensure on-track delivery of programs within assigned budgets.
People & vendor management :
- Proven track record of working effectively with external partners like agencies, vendors and customers to deliver on brand objectives
- Work seamlessly with internal teams for smooth functioning of SOPs
- Team player with good influencing skills and is comfortable working in a matrix organization (region, GBT, local stakeholders)
B. Competencies Required :
1. Proven track record of brand management & marketing for consumer-oriented brands which have unique challenges like ours - wide range, premium pricing, unorganized industry impact, legacy brands.
2. Creativity, Intellectual rigor and thought leadership.
3. Ability to manage uncertainty, ambiguity, complexity and change
4. Highly skilled and experienced in alignment of key stakeholders (e.g. sales, finance) and agencies.
C. Candidate :
We are looking for candidates that can hit the ground running. Mattel has a wide variety of legacy brands with incredible brand awareness and equity among consumers. We are on the lookout for a self-starter with a can-do attitude, who can help us on our journey to multiply our business while continuing to build on the incredible brand value we have to offer. Ideal candidate will have:
1. 9+ years of relevant experience (minimum 5 years in marketing) in consumer-focused industries - MBA essential.
2. Right balance of Strategic (thought leadership) and Execution skills.
3. Proven agency management skills
4. Entrepreneurial (i.e. can work through/around problems and get things done), with high growth orientation
5. Cross-functional knowledge and in-depth understanding of channels (offline & online)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.