Vice President at Cucumber Consultants
Views:669 Applications:151 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Senior Audit Manager - Oil & Gas (15-25 yrs)
Our client is a global leader for design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries across the globe. Listed company with HQ in London, looking to fill position in Sharjah.
Business Unit: Corporate Services
Main purpose of role:
Actively support development of risk based audit programme and in a - Hands- On- manner manage the delivery of a portfolio of independent objective audits across client's offices across more than 100 countries. Proactively support end-to-end delivery of the Audits through performing audit work where the team lack the capacity or capability to complete.
Leading Portfolio of Audit
1. Lead a portfolio of audits (in the region of 15 per year) which are identified at the beginning of the year, which the SAM is accountable for planning and delivering end-to-end with limited supervision. Accountabilities for managing the portfolio of audits include:
2. Working with the GHoA to identify and agree the relevant portfolio of audits from the Audit Programme.
3. Schedule the audits with the business with respect to timing, locations and key points of contact.
4. Actively manage a range of business relationships to support delivery of the portfolio of audits.
5. Allocate Internal Audit resources, including agreeing Audit Leads, resolving resource conflicts and identifying requirements for 3rd party support.
6. Direct, Manage and proactively support the end-to-end delivery of each audit (Scoping, Planning, Execution, Reporting and Closure) in line with GIA methodology, coordinating the Audit Lead, rest of the audit team and the business.
7. Coach Audit Leads and Team Members in delivery of audit work.
8. Being a - Hands-On- manager monitor and report on progress of portfolio of audits and using judgement intervene on performing audit execution and delivery as required and escalate to GHoA relevant matters as appropriate.
Other Internal Audit activities :
9 . Annual Audit Programme planning - the SAM will lead or directly support the development of the Annual Audit Programme, including identifying risk based audits in their area of expertise/business.
10. Prepare relevant sections of quarterly reports to Management and the Board (e.g. Group Executive Committee and the Audit Committee). This could include updating data, writing sections of reports, developing insights and themes etc.
11. Business relationships - hold relationships with a range of people (up to and including Group Executive Committee members) in the business both verbal and written to help facilitate GIA access to information and people, deliver portfolio of audits and identification of risk based audits for future years.
Skills & Competencies:
- Internal Auditing, risk and controls.
- Analytic skills - ability to apply clarity of thought to audit work.
- Sound judgement - ability to identify issues that need further testing and understanding of own limitations/when to consult.
- Report writing- strong written English skills.
- Gravitas and credible - ability to be credible in business discussions up to ExCom level, some of which will be challenging.
- Managing diverse relationships - across different parts of the business in support of audit delivery.
- 15 years Internal Audit and/or other relevant experience gained in Petrofac and/or other relevant companies or professional services firms (eg: KPMG, Deloitte, EY, PwC).
- Experience of working in the business either in the first or second line of defense would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in different geographies and multicultural organisations.
- Women Candidates will have preference in the selection