CEO & Founder at Syncup
Views:130 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Senior Associate - Direct Tax - Consulting Firm - CA (4-7 yrs)
Client Delivery :
- Handle complex taxation issues and developments such as BEPS, GAAR, indirect transfers, etc.
- Identification of the available restructuring options based on understanding of the commercial objectives of the proposed reorganization being contemplated by the management.
- Acquiring all necessary information/Documents from client and Reviewing documents/forms/returns internally to maintain accuracy.
Understanding client requirement from Client/Principals and gearing up to deliver by way of the following :
- Analyzing available information & prepare checklist to acquire necessary data/documents from client
- Undertaking comprehensive reviews of business operations to identify tax planning opportunities.
- Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions while involving Articles in data research for working on the base report of the assignment.
- Supporting Principals & Partners by drafting memo's/ opinions and reports, getting them reviewed and presenting the final report to client for closure. Building client relationship and confidence by demonstrating thorough understanding of the client's requirements and business.
- Demonstrating professionalism by working within legal and regulatory guidelines while remaining independent and objective at all times.
- Maintain data controls of research papers and conduct hygiene checks on regular intervals. Prepare service summary.
- Assist in knowledge management - contribute information to knowledge sharing tools, share knowledge and experience via formal and informal methods.
BD Support :
- Draft & prepare proposals & pitch presentations. Evaluate potential business acquisition areas. Assist principal/partners in preparing strong pitching ground to acquire new business.
- Identify leads from external & existing clients. Grow industrial knowledge and scope to enhance services to existing clients.
- Draft engagement letters accurately. Take care of the end to end invoicing process including follow ups for outstanding's & tracking payment status.
Research & Technical Opinions :
- Execute an exhaustive research for the clients in line with their expectations. Ensure usage of all tools (External market data/internal portals) to generate effective research.
- Undergo regular technical trainings/ knowledge sharing session within team to deliver effectively as well as efficiently.
People & Team Management :
- Conduct regular connect sessions with team to identify areas of interest & expertise. Ensure task are equally & fairly allotted to the team.
- Design coaching programs to groom Trainee Articles. Promotes the company way using examples and incidents around the company values.
Knowledge Management :
- Regularly update Knowledge management database with new updates. Share industry updates with the team and encourage sharing of best practices within team and across teams.
- Develop content for networking in external events & seminars. Share knowledge acquired from external forums with team members. Develops industry/ business and sector knowledge.
Brand Management :
- Representing & endorsing companies expertise and scope of service at various external forums. Interacting with peers and building a high-quality network in the industry.
- Publishing articles& research papers on regular basis. Sharing knowledge and learning at external forums to increase visibility and credibility.
Essential skills , experience & attributes :
- 4 to 6 years of experience in Direct & International tax practice.
- Passion to work in direct tax field. Good understanding of tax laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels). Ability to communicate and interact with clients
- An energetic and innovative individual with entrepreneurial attitude and strong business acumen.
- Financial analysis and modelling skills with excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Stress resilient with ability to handle multiple simultaneous priorities
- Ability to work cooperatively as well as independently under pressure with close attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities.
Problem Solving : Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
Executing : Proactively planning, establishing priorities, allocating resources and implementing assignments. Monitoring and adjusting work to accomplish goals, deliver the firm's mandate and create client delight.
Firm Building : Striving to improve the firm's image, offerings and overall performance. It demands organizational commitment and blending of visionary thought with pragmatism and perseverance to meet and balance the client's and firm's needs.
- Institutionalizing values, practices, processes, policies, developing capability and culture to create the platform for firm development.
- Continuous Learning & Expertise Building
- Committed to think about the ongoing and evolving levels of expertise and perspective required to cater to changing client and industry requirements. Driven to consistently expand technical knowledge, distribute work-related knowledge to others in order to help the firm stay ahead of the curve.
Nurturing Relationships : Working to build and maintain warm and strategic relationships or networks with people who are part of the firm's immediate and extended circle. Helping everyone in experiencing the "companies way" and thereby create long lasting, trusted and mutually beneficial relationships.
Leading People : Clarifying expectations, delegating and supervising effectively to enable the team to give off their best. Rolling up sleeves to demonstrate and guide while giving enough space to people when required.
Education : Requirements A Qualified CA