Executive HR & Admin at Best Alternative Advisory Services LLP
Views:3085 Applications:159 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Senior Associate - Compliance - AML/KYC - BFS (5-7 yrs)
The Compliance Analyst is responsible to ensure execution of Compliance related tasks like Anti Money Laundering checks (AML), monitoring and reporting the investment threshold breach in listed securities, maintaining and uploading Legal documents etc. on the client system for one of the world's largest US-based fund of hedge fund.
The position will act as an extension of the client's compliance team and work closely with the client.
The profile must think critically and look for issues to ensure no stone is uncovered to give comfort to the client.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform / review AML and KYC checks on behalf of client and as instructed by the Compliance officer.
- Investigate and assess alerts for potential money laundering risks, economic sanctions etc. and ensure timely and efficient reporting.
- Reconcile the holdings in listed securities and liaise with the Client Compliance department to ensure that regulatory filings are completed timely for threshold breaches.
- Perform the periodic compliance assessments.
- Review the Audited Financial Statements and file them with the respective regulatory authorities.
- Perform / review on a periodic basis whether the funds adhere to the investment guidelines and report any breaches to the compliance department.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Understand well fund's investment policy and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare various regulatory reports and file with the relevant regulatory authority.
- Develop and maintain process flow documents and standard operating procedures and ensure that the same are updated as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Chartered Accountant or Master's degree in business management/Finance or equivalent.
- Having a prior experience of 5+ years in Audit and Compliance within financial services domain.
- Experience within Mutual funds / hedge funds / administrator will be an added advantage.
- Should have AML / KYC, Compliance and Regulatory domain knowledge.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) in a clear and concise manner.
- Should have sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use sound judgment & decision-making skills and effectively performing in a self-directed environment.
- The individual should aggressively look to grow his / her knowledge and expertise regarding the alternative investments industry.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Drive to multi-task and flexibility to pursue effective operating model.
- Works well in a team, good attention to detail and sensitivity to business needs and requirements.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.