Associate Recruiter at Vbeyond Corporation
Views:436 Applications:139 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Senior Area Sales Manager - Retail/Telecom/FMCG (3-8 yrs)
The mass offline team focuses on driving acceptance at offline merchants across urban and rural markets across the country. ASM is responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship with the Merchants, DSAs and sales executives. The role also requires developing a keen and sharp understanding of local merchant/customer's needs and hence, driving transactions based on both brand positioning and local requirements. The incumbent will be responsible to set up and drive the team to achieve the acquisition & quality targets.
Reporting Matrix: The role will report to the State Head and will have 8-10 Territory Sales Managers as direct reports and 70-80 business development executives as indirect reports.
1. Grow distribution and market share in the assigned area of operations
2. Identify, interact, and develop DSAs to align and drive business in the market
3. Synthesize inputs on local competition from TSM and verify for authenticity across geography. If a local initiative is identified then formulate and launch a counter-strategy
4. Analyse data and identify improvement areas, corroborate through market visits to identify sweet spots for performance
5. Benchmark and compare performance with territory to broad base good practices
6. Plan market size, span & geographies for TSM / TL / BDE / FL's
7. Should be able to devise the best methods for communication of plans/targets to the team so that there is minimum expectation vs delivery gap
8. Ability to understand formats/data so as to gather the right information, viz, in cases when we want them to do surveys and develop insights
1. Handle merchant escalations in the market & partner with various internal stakeholders to resolve them
2. Partner with cross-functional teams like Marketing, Sales Capability, and HR to ensure appropriate levels of market collaterals, headcount, onboarding experience, etc.
3. Implement processes and metrics for tracking progress and setup review mechanisms with all the stakeholders
4. Ensure payouts to and from DSA are done as per process and timelines including accurate calculations and disbursement.
1. Drive hiring of TSM, BDEs & RTLs to ensure 100% manning in the team
2. Onboard the new team members and help them assimilate ways of working
3. Participate in the performance appraisal process sharing insights about the team and sharing relevant feedback with team members for their growth & development
4. Coach TSMs regularly to allow them to better manage the input and output deliverables of BDEs
5. Understand the reasons of exit and take corrective action to reduce attrition
6. Drive team-level R&R and engagement practices
1. Monitor quality parameters like KYC, PFB usage to identify gaps, & initiate corrective action
2. Validate audits conducted by TSMs and evaluate the process followed & inputs shared by TSM
3. Monitor performance on compliance parameters to ensure zero deviation
1. MBA from Tier 1 campus with a good academic record
2. 3-5 years of relevant experience in sales and distribution/business development
3. Excellent interpersonal skills to manage situations on the ground
4. Should have managed larger teams on the ground
5. Exposure to the start-up environment is an added advantage
6. Problem solving abilities with a strong bias for impact
7. Strong ethics and discretion while dealing with customers
8. Drive for results, able to demonstrate/quantify success relative to established targets and metrics
9. Full-Time Employee Benefits (Not applicable for Intern or Contract Roles)
- Insurance Benefits - Medical Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accidental Insurance, Life Insurance
- Wellness Program - Employee Assistance Program, Onsite Medical Center, Emergency Support System
- Parental Support - Maternity Benefit, Paternity Benefit Program, Adoption Assistance Program, Day-care Support Program
- Mobility Benefits - Relocation benefits, Transfer Support Policy, Travel Policy
- Retirement Benefits - Employee PF Contribution, Flexible PF Contribution, Gratuity, NPS, Leave Encashment
- Other Benefits - Higher Education Assistance, Car Lease, Mobile & Broadband Reimbursements, Salary Advance Policy.
- Working at is a rewarding experience! Great people, a work environment that thrives on creativity, the opportunity to take on roles beyond a defined job description are just some of the reasons you should work with us
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.