Founder/Managing Partner at People Hire Consulting
Views:7217 Applications:589 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:119
Senior Analyst - Data Scientist - IT (1-3 yrs)
We are looking for a passionate Data scientist for our Senior Analyst - Data scientist position. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Job Duties and responsibilities :
- The Senior Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis including data gathering and cleansing, deep dive advanced statistical analysis/modeling and recommendations to optimize the performance of pricing strategies and tactics. The Senior Analyst will also support our sales teams operationally through deal support, data gathering through custom dashboard/reports development and analysis.
- The role primary goal will be to help to establish the newly introduced strategic pricing function within CVENT by interpreting complex data sets, build pricing/value models through advanced statistical techniques and provide recommendations and reporting.
- Experience in analyzing very large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Support the development of advanced pricing tools and analytics Requirements
- Proven working experience as a data scientist or models building, (including financial and pricing)
- Should have hands-on experience in handling various datasets and should be familiar with data science and machine learning technique like linear regression, logistic regression, random forest, support vector machines, ANOVA/ANCOVA, optimization techniques, time series modeling, segmentation,
decision tree, clustering, recommendation engines, and forecasting
- Thorough in logistic regression, random forest, SVM, decision trees, clustering models.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics and R, databases (SQL), pricing and value models, regressions, applied pricing and economics principles, yield management concepts and tools, reporting and BI solutions (Tableau, etc)
- BTech in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- MBA/PH.d. is strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience
- Writing code in R or Python; experience with additional languages used for analysis and model building is a plus
- Demonstrated strong working experience with Excel, SQL and BI tools reporting (ie: Tableau)
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent written / oral communication skills