Careers at Optum, a UnitedHealth Group Company
Views:3887 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Analyst - Accounting (5-8 yrs)
Discipline - Finance
Industry - Accounting
Job Description :
Job Responsibilities :
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports.
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close.
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position.
- Assist with or lead the month end quarterly end close process for assigned businesses or groups
- Perform assigned work in a self-directed manner
- Predominantly focused on General Accounting and Reconciliations activities
- Fixed Assets & Depreciation
- Account Reconciliations
- Intercompany & General accounting
- Good understanding of general accounting
- Prepare and analyze general ledger account reconciliations, including intercompany accounts
- Identify, investigate/research open/reconciling items and resolve variances
- Prepare and analyze sub-ledger vs main GL ledger reconciliation and investigate open items etc.
- Generate, reconcile and analyze monthly closing reports
- Preparing, posting journal entries and reversal entries during month-end/non month-end
- Perform monthly quality assurance review of select operations/accounting documents for internal control compliance
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Resolve reconciling items in a timely manner
- Identify and properly escalate unusual transactions
- Complete special projects as assigned by supervisor
Qualification - Required Qualifications:
Hands-on experience performing the following :
- GL ledger accounting (Preparing JE source document, Preparing / Posting Journals, Reversing Journals etc.)
- Correctly applying US GAAP and company practices to assigned work
- Balance Sheet reconciliations, investigate and resolve reconciling items
- Running queries in a general ledger system
- Responding to internal and external auditor requests
- Proposing solutions to noted problems
- Documenting methodology, analysis and conclusions
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- History of progressively increasing responsibility in prior positions
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to connect with SME onsite and do remote knowledge transfer
Prior Transition Experience :
- Bachelors/Masters in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of professional accounting experience
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Internal control compliance experience is a plus.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics, PeopleSoft General Ledger/Smartview or similar general ledger/reporting tools preferred
Prior experience with Blackline is preferable :
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Communicates in an effective manner
- Collaborates with peers to complete projects
- Demonstrates the drive and motivation to deliver high quality results based on thorough analysis
- Possesses sound business knowledge and strong decision making skills.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.