HR Generalist at SelfDecode
Views:480 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
SelfDecode - Data Scientist (2-10 yrs)
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Research and Development & Engineering Team. Our data team members are experts at ingesting large, complex biological data sets, creating fast and efficient pipelines to process them, and working closely with our science team to seamlessly deliver cutting-edge genomic and precision medicine analysis to our customers.
The Data Scientist will work on massive databases of genomic and phenotypic data in order to create novel AI/ML prediction models of disease and human health.
The ideal Data Scientist candidate has superb analytical and critical thinking skills with proven experience in AI/ML as it pertains to human health, in addition to having a passion for using AI/ML and genomics to radically change peoples- lives for the better.
Required Skills & Experience :
- 2+ years of industry or academic work experience in a Data Analyst or Data Science role;
- B.S. in data science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field preferred;
- Proven track record in delivering AI/ML solutions in human health or genomics;
- Skills in python and or R. Databricks, AWS, and SQL are a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and external, to interface with team members and consumer markets;
- An analytical mindset; this role requires someone who will carry out data-driven decision making and help the product team identify areas of opportunity to drive business value;
- Strong data visualization skills.
- Develop new algorithms and employ machine learning to improve the spectrum and quality of SelfDecode's precision medicine platform;
- Work with other data team members to ensure the analytical validity of our models and pipelines
- Collaborate with other highly vetted and passionate scientists and team members;
- Develop in-house tools to bolster team productivity;
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology or a related field;
- Working knowledge of imputation process;
- Proficiency with Spark;
- Working knowledge of NGS informatics;
- Understanding the needs of a business and using data to creatively answer problems;
- Precision Medicine Expertise
We won't consider anyone currently in Business school / IT College.