Senior Consultant at Outsized Group
Views:147 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Scrum Master - Financial Services & Management Consulting (5-10 yrs)
At Outsized, we match clients in financial services and management consulting to high-quality independent consultants and boutique/specialist firms for the execution of their key projects.
Our client, a global consulting firm, is looking for a Scrum Master to join their team in Bangalore.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support the organizational project or product teams.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Minimum 5 years exp with at least 2 years- exp as Scrum Master
- Bachelor's in Engineering (preferably Computer Science) or equivalent
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques Planning and problem-solving with product management and delivery teams
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques to enhance the Scrum approach (e.g. progress visualisation techniques, retrospective formats, approaches for handling bugs, etc.)
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Knowledge and experience of other agile, lean and DevOps approaches (e.g. XP, Kanban, TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation, etc.)
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
While the initial joining will be remote, the selected consultant will be required to relocate to Bangalore when conditions allow. This is a contractual opportunity and will be on an initial 10-12 month full-time contract