SBI - Manager - Risk Management (5-10 yrs)
RECRUITMENT OF SPECIALIST CADRE OFFICERS ON REGULAR/CONTRACT BASIS
ADVERTISEMENT NO: CRPD/ SCO / 2021-22/01
Online Registration of Application & Payment of Fees: From 13.04.2021 TO 03.05.2021
State Bank of India invites Online application from Indian citizen for appointment to the following Specialist Cadre Officers posts.
Candidates are requested to apply Online through the link given on Bank's website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers
Candidates are advised to check Bank's website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers regularly for details and updates (including the list of shortlisted/ selected candidates). The Call letter/ advise, where required, will be sent by e-mail only (No hard copy will be sent).
Selection Process : Shortlisting & Interview
Nature of engagement - Regular
Age (as on 01.12.2020) : Min - 28, Max - 35
Likely place of posting# Mumbai ( The place of posting is only indicative. The selected candidate may be posted anywhere in India. )
Post Manager : Risk Management
Educational Qualification :
Basic Qualification: (As on 01.12.2015)
- MBA / PGDBM or its equivalent as fulltime course from a recognised university/ institution. Specialisation in Finance is preferred.
Other Professional Qualification Required : (As on 01.12.2020): CFA/FRM/PRM (mandatory)
- Minimum 5 years of post-qualification work experience (as on 01.12.2020) in Risk management in Supervisory cadre in a Bank or Listed Financial institution.
- Essential experience: Work experience in risk management and working knowledge in Excel and power point.
- Preferred experience: Knowledge of any programme language and experience of risk model development will be preferred.
Specific skills required: CFA/FRM/PRM (mandatory)
- Key Risk Indicators: Monitoring of KIs,,KRIs & KPIs is conducted to find out the Key risk areas for our Foreign Offices and action plans are drawn to address identified High Risk areas.
- Incident Reporting: This involves data collection, analysis and reporting and of OR loss events / Near Miss events at Foreign Offices. Also, external loss incidents at other Banks / FIs are analysed to assess their applicability to the Foreign Offices.
- RCSA exercise: RCSA exercise is conducted across all Business and support lines to outline all the risk areas and assess the efficacy of existing controls put in place to mitigate all the risks. The exercise involves preparation of extensive Risk Registers for all major business / support activities. For risk areas where control measures are found to be inadequate, additional mitigation measures are required to be formulated.
- Risk Committee Meetings (RMC-IBG, ORMC, CRMC, MRMC, EGRMC and RMCB): The Risk Management Committee of IBG (RMC-IBG), ORMC, CRMC, MRMC, EGRMC, RMCB are normally conducted on a quarterly basis. The role involves overall responsibility for preparing the RMC-IBG presentation including data collection and PPT preparation, conducting the meeting, drawing up action points from the meeting and circulating to the concerned departments for necessary action. The role also involves providing necessary documents for discussion in the meeting besides implementation of action points emanating from RMC-IBG, ORMC, CRMC, MRMC, EGRMC, RMCB.
- Examination of Policies: Risk related policies submitted by the FOs are scrutinized, FOs are advised to make necessary corrections (wherever required) and approval is taken for the policies.
- IT Risk: In the area of IT Risk, the role involves taking up IT related issues pertaining to IBG (raised in IT Risk Committee and other Risk Committees) with concerned departments for appropriate resolution and driving the same through Quarterly RMC-IBG meetings.
- Analysis of foreign subsidiaries data and submission of various returns and reports to Group Risk Management Department.
- Analysis of credit risk data of various foreign offices and compliance with policy parameters.
- Monitoring of market risk parameters of FOs & OBSs.
- Preparation of presentations.
- Other activities include preparation of Risk related slides on ad hoc basis for meetings like IBO / LBO Trainings / Conclaves, Annual Conferences etc.
1. Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Preparation of KRI monitoring chart for IBG on a quarterly basis and putting up to approving authority.
- Advising Business departments for formulation of action plans for KRIs appearing under - Red- zone. Incorporation of Action plans submitted by concerned depts. in RMC-IBG presentations.
2. Incident Reporting (ILD / ELD / NME)
- Compilation of Internal Loss Data and Near Miss Events at Foreign Offices on monthly basis and onward submission to ORMD on quarterly basis.
- Analysis of External Loss Data (loss events at other banks) and studying their applicability to Foreign Operations of the Bank.
3. RCSA (Risk &Control Self-Assessment Exercise)
- Circulation of Risk registers to FOs selected for a new phase of the exercise.
- Analyzing the Risk registers (- Risk and Control descriptions) submitted by the FOs and putting up major findings / observations from the same to the RCSA Committee for validation.
- Providing ongoing support to Foreign Offices regarding the new developments / enhancements in the Risk Registers under the overall guidance of ORMD. In the current phase of RCSA exercise, - Risk- and - Control- descriptions in each Risk register have been modified to filter out - Inherent Risk- and - Residual Risk- respectively. Preparation of RPTs, PQIs & Stress Test
- Preparation of Risk Profile Templates for FOs & OBSs.
- Preparation of Portfolio Quality Index for the credit portfolio of foreign offices.
- Preparation of stress test report for credit as well as market risk portfolios.
- Preparation of scenario-based risk models.
Reports & Returns :
- Preparation of various reports & returns for FOs as well as OBSs and submission
- Preparation of country risk and Bank risk reports & returns.
- Analysis of R-Com reports received from FOs and putting it up to higher authorities.
4. Risk Management Committees (RMC-IBG, ORMC, CRMC, MRMC, EGRMC, RMCB)
- Formation of slides for RMCIBG, consolidating of ATRs of previous meeting agenda items from various departments and overall responsibility for preparing and conducting the presentation for RMC-IBG. Compliance with the ATRs of ORMC, CRMC, MRMC, EGRMC, RMCB and also preparation of feed backs of IBG for the said meetings needs to be prepared.
- ORMC (Operational Risk Management Committee)
- Replying to ATR pertaining to IBG (based on Minutes of ORMC)
- Providing all necessary papers for discussion in ORMC (quarterly status on Loss data / Near Miss, KRI, RCSA, ATR and any other specific areas highlighted by ORMD).
5. Miscellaneous :
- Operational Risk Policies: Examining the Operational Risk policies submitted by Foreign Offices, suggesting necessary modifications / enhancements to the concerned FOs and obtaining approval from appropriate authority.
IT Risk: Taking up IT related issues pertaining to IBG (raised in IT Risk Committee and other Risk Committees) with O&IS / IT-FO for appropriate resolution and driving the same through Quarterly RMCIBG meetings.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there.