Talent Specialist at Samsung Electronics
Views:1031 Applications:336 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Samsung - Product Management Role - Mobiles (4-8 yrs)
Purpose of Position
Do you like changing the status quo and challenging conventional wisdom?
Would you like to be the think-tank to critically analyze the market & business performance, and become a source of innovation for Samsung's mobile business initiatives?
Are you able to take ambiguous problem statements, and convert them into sound analysis and clear recommendations?
Are you supremely confident, articulate, full of energy, passionate about the new, and can think value & ROI?
Then Samsung's Product team is looking for you!
As a Product Manager for Flagship Smartphones, you will be responsible for the management of product launch and lifecycle to meet company objectives. The candidate is expected to analyze market evolution, identify new opportunities and drive category growth through new initiatives, and analyze performance data to identify optimization opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to expanding the product's market coverage by setting up a product line-up operation plan.
- Contribute to maximizing sales and minimizing loss by managing product lifecycle and developing pricing strategy to meet the target sales for the product.
- Perform the development and management of the line-up portfolio plan and efficiency improvement efforts and market issue response.
- Perform the product/service launch timeline setting by analyzing the new model's target quantity and its profit and loss, and by working with the marketing department.
- Devise plans to minimize the leftover materials when a product is to be discontinued by setting appropriate discontinuation timeline and plans to utilize the leftover materials.
- Constantly monitor competitors' activities through market sensing & analysis of industry reports, and suggest proper counter-actions
Qualifications & Experience - MOBILE as a product category is mandatory
- Analytical problem-solving with ability to develop and deliver a compelling story with data to support position.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to solve problems, gain alignment from key stakeholders and influence teams through work ethic to deliver results.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines, multi-tasking and managing projects independently
- Requires the ability to disseminate market information and provide the best strategic business plan for product category
- Team player - Able to work independently or in a team environment to achieve the goals.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to adapt approach based on audience: C-level executives to sales associates.