Head Human Resources at Samhita Social Ventures
Views:5298 Applications:1145 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1059
Samhita Social Ventures - Associate Director/Senior Manager - Business Development (8-15 yrs)
Samhita is a corporate social responsibility (CSR) consulting firm that collaborates with companies to develop impactful CSR initiatives. We are co-creating a CSR eco-system of multi-stakeholder partnerships by leveraging our strengths in strategic consulting; research and knowledge; programme design and management; impact assessment and capacity building. Collective Good Foundation, a Samhita initiative, identifies and forms partnerships with implementers to manage CSR funds for corporates by addressing complex issues and providing end-to-end project management solutions. We embed technology in our initiatives to track and maximize real time impact.
Some of our corporate partners include Larsen & Tubro, Hindustan Unilever, Godrej, Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd., Viacom 18, Nomura, Reckitt Benckiser India Pvt. Ltd., Credit Suisse and Crompton Greaves, to name a few. We have partnered with the Governments of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Telangana to establish multi-stakeholder platforms that deliver better water and sanitation, health and nutrition, education and skills support to millions of Indians.
We are looking to hire an Associate Director / Sr Manager Business Development with the following key responsibilities:
1. Ability to network with Corporate and International funders for raising funds for various interventions.
2. Bringing together multiple stakeholders, especially the government, companies, implementation partners and international aid agencies
3. Assist in raising capital from the private sector for executing innovative, holistic and high impact projects across cause areas
4. Understand the requirement of the donors & accordingly facilitate successful implementation
5. Connections with senior leadership or CSR/Social Impact Managers in companies and/or foundations to achieve financial targets & ensure positive cash flow
6. Proven skills in leveraging non-financial resources from partners such as advertisement deals, publicity deals, etc.
7. Ensure effective and efficient program monitoring; reporting processes are in place and implemented for all program activities
8. Work with the program implementation team to make sure every project being implemented (and developed) has a Log Frame or Results Framework.
9. Ensure that lessons, learning and research around program quality is carried out and used for program quality improvement;
10. Ensure optimal coordination and collaboration of team members with relevant teams and contribution to relevant organizational initiatives;
11. Lead the development, adaptation, testing and mainstreaming of best/good practices in needs assessment, project design, implementation, M & E, and research
- 10+ years of experience in relevant stream. Consulting experience only
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes
- Interest in sales and strong BD track record
- Persistence/perseverance in overcoming obstacles throughout of the box solutions, meet challenges with resourcefulness while developing expertise
- Maturity to steer the organization in new directions
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, start-up environment as part of a closely-knit team
Education and Experience: We are looking for individuals with top tier education pedigree, preferably a master's in business administration from a college of repute. Experience in consulting and/or NGO would be preferred.
Work Location: Remote / preferably based in Mumbai and Delhi
What's in it for you/Why Samhita:
This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge Management and Research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions - doing well by doing well
3. Work Culture:
Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
At Samhita, we believe that great companies are built by great teams. This philosophy is at the heart of our vision for the Samhita we want to scale over the next decade. We are a 65 people strong team of 26-year olds that is based out of seven cities in India. If you are looking for an organization that truly cares about people and a CEO who is looking to bring the best of class innovation into CSR - Samhita is the place for you. We solve problems through collective action.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.