Associate HR at Research Triangle Institute
Views:218 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
RTI International - Governance Specialist (6-10 yrs)
RTI India is hiring a Governance Specialist on the recently awarded USAID-funded South Asia Regional Energy Project.
Responsibilities of the Governance Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Develop effective strategies for advancing, advocating, and adoption of deep governance reform in the energy sector value chain.
- Provide critical and detailed inputs to policy formulation, regulatory frameworks, bidding processes, and PPP models to reorient them to enhance transparency, competition, and best value from customers perspective.
- Review and recommend amendments to various counterparts internal processes such as financial reporting, annual reviews, regulatory filings, etc., to introduce best practices in governance.
- Support investment mobilization efforts by reviewing risk-reward frameworks, vetting bid and contract documents, and providing analytical inputs to develop/refine private sector engagement strategies in the energy sector, particularly in areas such as power distribution, smart meters, electric vehicles, etc.
- Work with institutions such as NITI Aayog, Forum of Regulators, etc., in replicating successes at a broader level in India and South Asia.
- Prepare and author reports, research papers, articles documenting evidence and experience from pilots and other studies.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on SAREP themes.
- Conduct trainings and capacity development workshops for utilities, regulators, etc.
- Support improved planning and bid governance practices.
- Identify opportunities for improving procurement systems and develop strategies for implementing them in -cooperation with regulators and utilities.
- Bachelor's degree in law or public policy with 8 years of experience or Master's degree in law, public policy or public administration and 6 years of experience;
- Experience working in energy sector is required.
- Experience in South Asia region is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, technical staff, andclients.
- Motivated and able to work under challenging and fast pacedenvironment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload, self-manage and complete tasks to best meet project needs.