HR at Royal Orchid Associated Hotels Private Limited
Views:766 Applications:169 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Royal Orchid & Regenta Hotels - Unit Financial Controller (10-15 yrs)
Title: Unit Financial Controller
Immediate Supervisor: General Manager
- As an Accounting Manager he / she should provide the Owners, General Manager, and other management with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data.
- Additionally responsible for managing the audit function in hotel to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Ensure that the guests have best possible experience by trouble-shooting and resolving all billing-related disputes.
- Represents the finance department on the daily department heads meeting with the general manager.
- Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and department budget.
- Calculate and distribute wages and salaries.
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
- Prepare financial statements and debtors' listings.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting.
- Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with the PMS team to resolving the same.
- Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS) and SPA software's.
- Ensure that all statutory details (PAN, TAX NO, Company Registration no. Etc.) are displayed on the guest invoices and bills.
- Bills A/R accounts daily and send the same to guest along with the supporting bills and statements.
- Follows up on any accounts within 3 days to ensure customer has received the invoice and does not have any questions.
- Review the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Ageing reports on a daily basis.
- Follow up 30 days after the initial billing if payment has not been received.
- Check customers credit ratings and Flag accounts as 'Black listed' for long outstanding or defaulter accounts.
- Enters invoices into accounts payable system weekly after verifying a purchase order was received from ordering department head and obtaining General Manager's approval.
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units.
- Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
- Performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions.
- Approving all Travel Agent commissions and releasing payments after verification.
- Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork, benefits, performance appraisals, disciplinary action forms and other pertinent personnel documents are filed appropriately and maintained in accordance with the company HR practices.
- Monitors and contains all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors.
- Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit.
- Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc.
- Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training, productive coaching, regular meetings, and appropriate performance management.
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department