Operations Manager at RMI India Foundation
Views:1088 Applications:219 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:137
RMI India Foundation - Associate/Senior Associate - Built Environment (3-7 yrs)
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems, working with numbers and functioning both independently and in high-calibre teams? Do you possess self-motivation, curiosity, creativity and ability to orient others towards meaningful results? Are you passionate about making the world a better place? If yes, join our growing team!
Our staff represents a variety of skill sets, and we welcome candidates with diverse educational and work backgrounds.
Position Overview :
RMI India Foundation seeks exceptional candidates to fill an Associate/Senior Associate position supporting our work in India's building sector. This position will accelerate the deployment of thermally comfortable, net-zero-carbon buildings in India. This entails the whole system of solutions - embodied carbon, passive design, super-efficient equipment, renewable energy, and grid integration supported with cross-cutting levers around business models, behaviour change and skill enhancement. The work will involve a range of tactical market engagements, thought leadership, techno-economic analysis, policy support and demonstration projects across the building sector.
As an Associate/Senior Associate, you will be a creative problem solver using your quantitative, technical and analytical abilities to conduct compelling research and assessment around crucial energy issues in the built environment. You will collaborate with team members to craft visionary yet practical solutions for our research questions and clients.
You will also be an independent contributor and work closely with colleagues on projects under the direction of more senior staff. You will develop expertise in the content area of your specific programme within the organisation and provide subject-matter support on that topic to other members of the organisation.
- Provide quantitative analysis, modelling and support to our projects.
- Locate and manage high-quality data that sheds new light on problems and solutions.
- Create innovative problem-solving approaches to drive project insight.
- Support review of policies, schemes and initiatives around the built environment and cooling synthesising recommendations into clear and compelling presentations and written publications including but not limited to reports.
- Support the development of business models to create and sustain a market for innovative technologies and solutions.
- Support the development of concept notes and proposals.
- Engage with external experts via phone interviews, conferences and, on occasion, respond to outreach requests.
- Structure and guide the work of junior team members.
- Design and create approaches and quantitative models to effectively address critical questions and challenges posed by our research goals and clients.
- Contribute publicly at conferences, share expertise in response to media requests, discuss our work with donors and direct research collaborations.
- Undergraduate degree in an applicable field such as architecture or engineering.
- Masters in an applicable field - architecture, engineering, policy, business - with emphasis on energy and/or environmental sustainability.
- At least three to five years of cumulative and relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: embodied carbon, passive cooling, super-efficient cooling equipment, distributed energy resources, grid-integrated buildings, affordable housing in developing nations, sector-level techno-economic modelling, building energy analysis, district cooling, and building controls.
- Experience in policy formulation and implementation.
- Experience working with private, public and not-for-profit institutions.
- Ability to work independently and proactively while collaborating with team members across disciplines and geographies.
- Curiosity, humility, optimism and enthusiasm to solve the toughest challenges in India's energy transition and climate-aligned development.
- Work experience in India's building and cooling sector or similar.
- Experience in publishing reports focused on policy implementation and market creation for new technologies/solutions.
- Successful management of client or stakeholder relationships.
- Experience with multi-stakeholder engagements or meeting facilitation.
- Experience in grant management.
- Flexibility in working across different teams.
- High level of proficiency in writing and speaking English.
Additional Qualification :
- Ability to travel 20-30 percent of the time (as public health conditions allow).
- Evidence of good work references.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading projects that involve quantitative analysis.
The preferred location will be New Delhi, India.
Benefits and Compensation:
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
Medical insurance allowance.
Professional and personal development.
Please ensure you have read the entire announcement below before applying.
Be prepared to share (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter. Both documents are required.
Candidates who do not provide compelling answers to the questions "Why do you want to work at RMI India Foundation?" and "In what ways are you qualified to contribute to RMI India Foundation's mission?" in their cover letter may not be considered.
Incomplete applications (for example, applications missing a cover letter) may not be considered.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.