Associate at Reliance Industries Limited
Views:2260 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
RIL - Head - Litigation/Indirect Taxation - LLB/CA (15-20 yrs)
Head - Litigation - Indirect Taxation
Job Purpose :
- Handling of litigations in the field of GST, and pre-GST indirect taxes
Key Responsibility Areas :
Provide effective leadership for the entire Group in :
1. Efficient handling of litigations before Appellate Authorities: Tribunals, High Courts and Supreme Court in different parts of the country;
2. Coordination with external counsels and internal stakeholders/ functions in preparing replies/submissions and subsequent follow-up in litigations.
3. Drafting/ finalizing replies to certain legal notices, written statements, appeals, etc. and represent before adjudicating authorities.
4. Researching on legal issues after studying latest judgments/laws and advise on the possible solutions.
5. Ability to interpret laws/find solutions to complex legal issues and efficiently handle litigations.
6. Providing advisories to operations in better managing affairs so as to mitigate any eventual litigations before it erupts.
Required Candidate profile :
(i) We seek candidates who have in-depth experience in Indirect Tax Litigation, Advisory & Compliances, currently focusing on Goods & Services Tax (GST). Preference shall be given to candidate who has experience in Hydrocarbons sector.
(ii) Practical experience of representation at the department in Excise & Service Tax Matters is essential.
(iii) Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and sound commercial knowledge.
Education : LLB and/or CA
Experience : At least 15 years of experience of working in IDT in corporate sector/Law Firm.