Assistant Manager at People Tree Consultant
Views:1218 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Revenue Controller - BFS (10-20 yrs)
Job Description - Hub Controller
Position / job title: GL Controller
Process / department: Finance and Accounting
No of Years- Experience: 15 years +
Other Requirements: Open to domestic and international travel; Flexible to work in US Hours
Core Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working as a controller for a business unit / shared services with revenues > $50 MN.
- Understand and apply knowledge of accounting policies, standards, and concepts relating to revenue recognition, deferred revenue, and costs, cost accruals, amortizations of cost, fixed assets accounting, intercompany transactions.
- Experience of managing controllership in a telecom company will be a big plus.
- Exposure to IFRS standards.
- Detect accounting anomalies while conducting financial reviews to ensure that reported numbers are free from error for the month, quarter and year-end.
- Perform controller role for the market geographies assigned for accounting and ensure that end to end financial reporting for such markets is both timely and accurate along with calling out material misstatements.
- Conduct timely reviews with market controllers for month end results (accounting month end) perform variance analysis. Explain and present such variances in structured manner and form.
- Perform analysis of financial results and provide important insights into accounting gaps.
- Knowledge of Great Plains system (this will be an added advantage).
- Performance evaluation will be based on outcomes.
- Previous work experience in telecom industry will be a strong add-on.
- Ability to articulate financial analysis and performance to senior management teams
- Experience of leading a team of senior accountants and controllers.
Key Result Areas
- GL Controller - Manage end to end closure of books for businesses.
- Deliver as per month end close calendar.
- Holding reviews with client finance organization on monthly basis on Key financial parameters like EBIT, opex, capex, inventory.
- Coordinate and present with transactional processing teams - accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, and bank reconciliation teams towards ensuring both timeliness and accuracy of transactions in sub-ledgers.
- Coach and mentor the team on best accounting practices.
- Liaise with the client organization to ensure receipt of inputs and reports on time.
- Standardize and streamline processes across geographies assigned.
- Participate and lead, as applicable, in SSC transformation initiatives Softer aspects of the role.
- Effectively lead a team of senior accounting professionals.
- Establish strong relationships both internally and with the client organization.
- Maintain and improve employee engagement ensure best in business employee retention.
- Strong mentoring and training capabilities.
- Ability to create a structured environment for the teams to operate.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.