Research & Development Lead - Spices Category - FMCG Startup (10-15 yrs)
- We are currently retained by a leading Food based Start-up to hire a Research & Development-Lead- Spices.
- This role will be responsible to Lead new spice & seasonings product development initiatives that are being launched by this startup.
- Please note this role needs someone who has worked in the extensively into spices & spice mixes category. Also, preferred candidates only who can work from office in Mumbai.
- An MBA in Food/Agri related specialization will be preferred. You must have worked on New Product Development.
- So please apply only if you meet these criteria.
- Being a startup that is growing at an exponential rate you can accelerate your career and reach the next level.
- PLEASE APPLY ONLY IF YOU ARE READY TO BUILD THE BUSINESS, ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND GET THE JOB DONE.
- This opportunity will help you shape your career in building a 0-1 portfolio within the Spices and RTE/RTC market for one of the fastest growing Food tech startups. It needs someone who is passionate about Setting up and maintain best practices in NPD and R&D.
Overall responsibilities will include :
- Researching new cost-reducing manufacturing processes that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Lead NPD in the Spices and Spices Mixes category
- Communicating with relevant parties regarding food quality and safety concerns.
- Utilizing formulation software to create and update formulations.
- Working on new products from conceptualization to launch.
- Arranging and shipping sales samples.
- Updating product information sheets for sales preparation and updated labels.
- Recording, analysing, and summarizing research data.
- Performing independent laboratory testing and tech transfer activities
To fit the bill, you must have :
- 10+ years of expertise in NPD scale up and tech transfer support to co-manufacturers and own plant
- MBA in Agri or Masters in food technology or related field from a reputed university.
- Proven experience in managing operations and quality both at plant level.
- Minimum 7+ years of solid experience in spice category and who can support scale up manufacturing operations for new products and new production facilities
- Should have strong exposure in managing smooth tech transfer for RTE/Spice range of products
- Understands the strategic business requirement of the organization based on the organization growth focus and strategy
- Strong stakeholder management experience ability to deal with ambiguous requirements.
If this role interests you, please share your updated resume along with a cover note on categories you managed into NPD, expertise in tech transfer, and your current CTC.
PLS NOTE-ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE OPEN TO WORK FROM OFFICE IN MUMBAI.
A cover note helps your CV be understood better in terms of fitment so please do create a note basis this ask and share your current CTC as well.