Talent Acquisition at Reliance Brands Ltd
Views:2537 Applications:550 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Reliance Brands - Buying & Merchandising Head (10-25 yrs)
Reliance Brands Ltd - Buying & Merchandising Head - Mumbai (Beauty Industry)
Job Title: Head - Buying & Merchandising
Role: The Company's merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by providing best of the products on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. Incumbent is expected to drive & maximize Sales & Profitability in the business by providing effective Merchandise Strategies. Planning & In Season management of Assortment & Inventory by Stores/Region/Product Hierarchy to achieve or exceed Strategic Business Targets viz. Top-line, Sell-Thru, Gross Margin, etc. He/she must have a keen eye to detail and decisions driven by customer needs
- Deliver Business KPIs such as GMROI, GMROF, Vendor Fill Rate, Inventory Management, Sell Thru Management, etc.
- Develop/Coordinate/Implement new or improved System integration & Automation of Order Management Portal, Daily Sales Reports, CXO Dashboard, Vendor Portals, etc.
- Audit the Commercial/Accounts Payable team to ensure smooth & timely payment to vendors
- Reviewing and mentoring the dynamics of the KRAs of Buying team basis on various Business & Individual Performance Reports
- Review Data Analysis basis which provide feedback to relevant stakeholders and ensure effective coordination with other department
- Review the Seasonal/Annual Operating Plan for all channels of Sales
- Strategically develop and implement product/supply chain plans covering all products, services and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization
- Review & approve Markdown strategies basis the Product Life-cycle
- Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance and material shortage elimination
- Develops an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging Spend & Technologies
- Lead a global enterprise within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following: Product and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions, Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory (VMI), supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc.
- Supervise cost savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives
- Review & approve Margin & Pricing strategy as per new targets for the season/year
- Approve OTB of each Category Mix to place buys of the season
- Review Inventory health check-up on weekly basis to maintain optimum width and depth of Import merchandise to Cover Sales as well as Display plan
- Review & share inputs on an Active product launch calendar
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Strong product knowledge & decision making skills
- Strong Data analytical skills & Critical Thinking
- Superior understanding of Indian retailing and global trends
- Demonstrate strong business understanding with flair for retailing
- Cost optimization approach through automating existing processes
- Proficient financial skills and knowledge with strong business acumen and ability to relate processes to business objectives
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to roll up your sleeves to support company growth and profitability
- Love to collaborate cross-functionally with various teams
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, adept at managing change and ambiguity outside of your control
- Has a natural curiosity about better ways to accomplish goals, and the process discipline to re-iterate new ways of operating
- Self-starter, exceptional communicator and good at interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change and ability to effectively function in a fluid environment
- Multi-tasking ability with strong Communication and Time Management skills
- Strong Analytical & Negotiation skills
Education & Experience Required:
- Post Graduate in Business Management/Retail Management from a reputed business or fashion institute
- 10-15 years of experience in similar role of Buying of a similar category
- Strong Product knowledge of the Category/Brand
- Preferred Industries - Organized Fashion Retailers/Ecommerce companies
What's in the Magic Box for You:
With its solid management team, loyal customer base, strong cash flow and return on equity, RBL is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
Every individual here can bring their purpose to life through their work and be a part of an environment of inspiring leaders. Join Us and become a part of this MAGIC BOX which will unlock your abilities of executing things in a manner and at a pace, where-You will surprise yourself!
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.