AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:84 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Registrar - Examination - Engineering University - PhD (18-20 yrs)
Registrar Examination - Leading Engg University
- We are hiring for one of the fast growing Engineering University founded in 2002 and currently has around 15,000+ students and 600+ full time faculty. The University currently offers 24 Full-time Post Graduate Programs, 2 Part-time Post Graduate programs, 33 Graduate programs, several Certificate/Diploma and Post graduate Diploma programs
- The recruited member will be part of the management team reporting to the Vice Chancellor to develop the University's Examination strategies, policies and programs in alignment with the management's goals
- As a Registrar Evaluation, the candidate will focus on strategizing/developing plans, implementing process & systems and budgeting for the University.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of a PhD. from a reputed university in India or abroad
- Core understanding of Examination and Evaluation
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated professional experience & proven track record of leadership role
- 18 - 20 years of experience in University Administration
- At least 5 years of experience in Evaluation or as Controller of Examination (Preferable)
- Be the custodian of all examination related documents and responsible for all activities related to examinations of the university.
- Be responsible for maintenance of examination related records, marks lists, question paper manuscripts and valued answer scripts and disposing of the used answer scripts and such other examinations related materials. The valued answer scripts shall be preserved for three years after the announcement of results and thereafter dispose them off through tenders except the scripts regarding which court cases are pending.
- Draw up and notify a Calendar of events in consultation with Vice Chancellor and School Directors for various examinations in the beginning of each Academic year. It is incumbent on the part of the Registrar (Evaluation) to ensure adherence to the Calendar of events so notified.
- Initiate for constitution of Board of Appointment of Examiners (BOAE) and arrange for conduct of Board of Appointment of Examiners (BOAE) in respective subjects as per the provisions under University Statutes.
- Prepare list of examiners submitted by respective Board of Studies and place the same before the BOAE to constitute the Board of Examiners (BOEs) and panel of examiners as per the provisions under University Statutes relating to formation of the Board of Examiners and their functions.
- Preparing annual budget for Examination Department and keeping a track of the same
- Arrange for setting question papers and conduct of the meetings of various Boards of Examiners (BOEs) for scrutinizing the question papers as per the provisions under the regulations, through the Chairpersons of respective Boards of Examiners.
- Arrange for printing of question papers and supply them to the centre of examinations in accordance with the scheme laid down by the University
- Be responsible for making necessary preparations for smooth conduct of all examination related activities and fair conduct of examinations in respective subjects in cooperation with all the Directors / Heads of various Schools.
- Be responsible for arranging fair valuation of the answer scripts of examinations held in all subjects in cooperation with internal and external examiners.
- Arrange for coding, decoding, tabulation and announcement of results expeditiously and for the distribution of marks cards / provisional certificates to students through the Directors / Heads of respective Schools.
- Take all necessary measures for smooth and fair conduct of examinations and restricate those involved in unethical practices/malpractices.
- Prepare periodically the list of those students who have involved in malpractices, unethical practices in the examinations and refer the same to the enquiry committee of the University constituted for the purpose with the approval of the Vice-Chancellor / Chancellor and thereafter place the recommendations of the Committee before the Board of Governors for taking appropriate action against them as per the provisions under the Regulations.
- Recommend in consultation with the Vice-Chancellor to fix the rate of remuneration payable to the examiners and other staff members drafted for various activities connected with the examinations for the approval of the Chancellor and issue appropriate orders after obtaining the approval of the Chancellor.
- Initiate continuous reforms in examination related activities and implement them in true spirit.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of confidentiality in examination related works.
- Carry out any other tasks/responsibilities entrusted by the Vice-Chancellor / Chancellor, in addition to the above duties and responsibilities.