Regional Supply Chain Leader - Global Edible Oils & Solutions Business - India (12-18 yrs)
Head - Supply Chain - Global Edible Oils & Solutions Business, India
Position Purpose & Summary
- The Regional Supply Chain Manager(SCL) is an embedded position responsible for supply chain planning (demand, supply & inventory), transportation planning and management, customer service and order management, and third-party manufacturing and warehousing activities of the business, as well as for coordinating with CTL, CSSP, and Operations to optimize performance across the integrated supply chain from supplier to customer for the region.
- They are responsible for delivering the supply chain costs within budget. The purpose of this role is to be the overall supply chain lead for the business for the region for planning and execution of the supply chain processes to meet business priorities, budget, service levels, and inventory goals. They are accountable for day to day execution in the region as well as for determining and implementing the improvement opportunities and strategies to drive improvement across the supply chain.
- The position reports directly to the Group Supply Chain Leader and is a member of the regional business leadership team. They are responsible for talent development and leadership of the regional supply chain team, and effective deployment of supply chain processes aligned with functional requirements. Includes work in the areas of strategy & execution leadership, budget & resource management, performance management, business and functional supply chain interface, customer relationship and talent management.
- Develop & Execute Strategy & Direction for Supply Chain Planning (demand, supply, inventory) and Transportation planning and management, Plant scheduling, Third Party Manufacturing, Warehousing & Customer Service for the GEOS Business for India consistent with Global and Corporate direction
- Manage complex and fragmented supply chains including inbound through outbound, with significant distribution complexity.
- Ensure regional strategy and processes are in alignment with global supply chain strategy and process design as well as Cargill standards.
- Align process and system plans to support best practices consistent with corporate and global direction including the roll-out of SAP IBP for demand, supply, inventory optimization and support of the IBP process.
- Deliver non-technical service offering to meet customer value proposition and differentiate Cargill (Digital customer experience portal and destination market supply chain solutions )
- Participate in the global supply chain leadership team and participate in global supply chain direction development.
- Manage day to day operations as well as mid and long term planning for the regional business to meet key performance measures such as on time in full (OTIF) and cost to budget
- Ensure production plans, inventories and raw materials are in place to meet business service level targets
- Ensure long term plans are aligned with the business strategy
- Ensure customer service provides day to day customer support, manages segmentation and prioritization, and builds customer relationships to meet expectations.
- Ensure key performance indicators are in place to determine the root cause of issues and drive operational improvement.
- Supply chain AOP and budget accountability
- Manage operational performance in alignment with budget objectives
- Participate in the yearly AOP process to identify gaps, prioritize, agree on initiatives
- Follow AOP review-process for progress tracking
- Deliver hard benefits in operational improvements and business growth in the areas of cost savings, cost avoidance and business growth.
- People leadership and people planning
- Build a strong well functioning engaged and empowered supply chain team regardless of area of focus
- Provide change management leadership for business and functional transformation
- Standard managerial responsibilities (e.g. PMP, CDP, engagement etc.) for an overall team of roughly 70
- Talent and Succession planning
- Training and continuous competence development on a departmental and individual level
- Support development of action plans to close the gaps
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer and business needs through building internal/external relationships and manage work balances or process transitions in order to provide optimal service to our customers
- Build relationships with internal departments (Sales, CTL, CSS, Finance, HR, Global Trade Organization - ) and manage work transitions as required (example CTL, GTOC)
- Project leadership for CTL/GTOC Transformation for GEOS India and thereafter be the direct liaison for all CTL/GTOC related activities with the business
- Build relations with selected Customers
- Build relationships with other external parties suppliers, competitors, consultants, agents
- Fully understand customer satisfaction levels (On-time performance, returns, complaints, survey results, segmentation and profile principles)
- Manage external tolling and manufacturing locations. Liaison for all internal stakeholders related to tolling locations - operations, FSQR, etc. Work closely with Merchandising/Trading team in managing out-sourced/traded products
- Manage and build relationships with local authorities such as FSSAI for regulatory compliance and discussion alongside our corporate affairs function for business-related activities. This is important given the context of regulatory guidelines along the value chain be it Transportation, warehousing or maintaining the product integrity.
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum 12-18 years experience in Supply Chain related job (e.g. Planning, Operations, Logistics, Procurement/Sourcing)
- University Degree preferably in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Experience with working in a matrix organization set-up
- Leadership experience (managing through others, influencing, developing) - 8 years proven track record
- Experience and knowledge of Integrated Supply Chain Processes
- Strong team builder and team player (Player/Coach principle)
- Strong communication, influencing and motivation skills (interpersonal skills, change management)
- Travel 10 - 15 %
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge/experience of Lean/Six Sigma is a plus
- Experience implementing and leading an Integrated Business Planning process
- Experience with working in a large matrix organization
- ERP and Planning System Knowledge a plus