Regional Sales Manager - FMCG/Retail - South & West Region (10-16 yrs)
-Works with the National Sales Head to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets for the Regional Teams and ensures there are systems in place
- Generates ideas about future retail activities both in MT & GT to ensure a cutting edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends
- Uses open feedback mechanisms from the operations team with other departments to ensure the integration of the retail strategy
- Influences and supports the retail element of the annual budget process ensuring understanding and buy in from the operations team. Constantly reviews financial data and supports the Area Sales Manager in providing realistic input into the sales budgets
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day retail operation within their defined work are including the strategic planning of resources Translates the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit;
- Ensures all new shop proposals meet the required return on sales prior to submitting any recommendations to the Managing Director; all new shop locations must be visited to ensure they will trade effectively and meet the proposed budgets
- Spends time in shops with retail shop teams and customers to understand and identify business critical issues in order to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies; maintains the corporate identity in all shops and related initiatives
- Takes a lead role in building a strong sales management culture with the operations team; spends time coaching team members, identifying skills and opportunities for development; provides advice and guidance on shop manager issues when needed.
- Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of Area Sales Managers(ASM) and their regions, sets objectives and targets
- Works with ASM's to develop individual training plans for the team and also instigates the creation of procedures and systems to maximise volunteer recruitment and retention
- Maintains and constantly develops innovative and cost effective stock generation; monitors stock weekly to achieve bottom line sales budget against monthly targets
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.