Consultant at CareerNet Technologies Pvt Ltd
Views:8354 Applications:216 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Regional Sales Manager - eCommerce (6-11 yrs)
Opportunity for RSM role for Kolkata location with leading eCommerce company.
Responsibilities include :
- Understand company's Services products and services and be able to promote its functions and benefits to external audiences.
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals we target. Develop a strategic plan and ensure it's in line with the overall Seller business direction. Work across key internal stakeholders to set priorities and develop account targets that underpin category strategy and knowledge of the local market.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach, communicate the specific value proposition for their business and use case, and establish long-term, successful partnerships. Customers will range from small/medium sellers to the largest Enterprise retailers in the region, online and offline.
- Develop and evolve a high performing sales team to execute target account plans and corresponding sales strategies to meet sales goals. Manage and coach individual contributors to achieve individual and team goals.
- Work closely with interested sellers to ensure successful on-boarding.
- Develop appropriate metrics and report detailed business analysis to peers and senior management. Achieve productivity and seller satisfaction targets.
- Analyze sales operations and performance, identify and implement necessary changes with a high degree of autonomy. Identify and escalate issues limiting sellers or company's growth and drive teams across the organisation to fix defects in a timely manner.
- Lead by example, personally drive strategic opportunities and positively improve the performance of others.
Personal attributes and competencies :
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Has sound judgement and ability to be right a lot.
- Thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions. Applies fair and consistent criteria. Gathers the right input/data. Uses intuition. Is decisive. Makes good decisions when analysis of data is not sufficient to reach a conclusion.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Simplifier but at the same time things big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box. Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Strong team player, behaves like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
Prior Experience and skills :
- Leadership experience in sales, general management or similar functions within relevant retail industries in India. Should have managed medium to large teams and businesses in regions (remote to head office location).
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and success in getting buy in from Executive level management at top companies.
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desired.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desired.
- Demonstrated ability for direct management, motivation and continuing development of individual contributors.
- Experience in a growth-oriented environment where goals were set and supervisors were held accountable for achieving goals.
- Comfortable with hands-on day-to-day management of tasks, resolution of problems and issues and experience in implementing action plans to meet objectives. Equally comfortable in generating a 3-year strategic vision and a weekly sales report.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business by the numbers,Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA is mandatory.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.