Senior Consultant at HR Central
Views:906 Applications:307 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Regional Manager - Business Development/Sales & Presales - Education/Energy/Agri (10-15 yrs)
Regional Manager - Sales & Presales - Education/Energy/Agri
The position of Manager, BD & Presales, is responsible for ensuring business growth through directing and managing sales and marketing activities in order to achieve company-wise revenue targets. The Manager, BD & Pre-sales is directly responsible for the achievement of sales target
Key Result Areas :
- Revenue & Profits
- Commercial Controls
- Effectively plan, direct, and manage business development activities across Planet-one Group.
- Establish contact and relationship with Government Representative in Africa
- Ensure relationships with clients are maintained throughout the project execution stages
- Identify and establish contact with clients, close sales, prepare and sign off contracts as per authority matrix
- Meet PGroup's revenue targets for infra, education, agriculture, mining, health care, and solar
- Lead and motivate the BD & Pre-sales team, ensuring fair and effective means of monitoring performance
- Lead client briefing meetings between the operations team and clients once a project is awarded
- Track and monitor clients- feedback and ensure that clients- complaint is resolved within the agreed timeframe
- Management Reporting
Key Deliverables :
Forecast, Budgeting, and Planning :
- Prepare Annual Business Plan across sectors in discussion with the Director
- Prepare sales forecasts annually based on discussion with the Director
- Ensure the availability of a steady pipeline of sales enquiries from prospective clients through strong business development efforts
- Prepare the BD budget, while ensuring the availability of necessary resources to achieve the projected sales forecast
- Achieve annual revenue target for Planet-One Group as set by the Director
- Conduct feasibility studies, country reports and other development projects, to enable decision making on growth and expansion plans.
Sales & BD strategy :
- Take ownership of the management of BD, and Pre-sales functions of Planet-One; develop robust sales & BD strategy in other to sustain business growth
- Conduct market research and provide market feedback to the Director regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and new ideas for leveraging on Planet-one's competitive edge
- Oversee Planet-One's overall business development efforts and work with the team to ensure that they are aware of the latest trends and target sectors market in Africa
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to the BD, and Pre-sales teams as and when required
- Ensure that transactions with clients are done with adequate diligence and that all commercial controls are followed
- Implement sales incentives to drive sales performance within the team.
- Regularly establish relevant contacts, and keep identifying potential opportunities through networking across Africa
- Formulate department's strategy, and corresponding initiatives, towards generating additional business as well as enhancing the profitability of existing accounts.
- Coordinate with COOs, Operations Heads, Procurement, Finance, etc. for preparing project proposals
- Responsible for contract verification and risk assessment, including commercial and legal aspects
- Lead the contract clarifications and discussions meetings with clients
- Support the Project Finance team in follow up and collection of overdue receivables
- Ensure all receivables are adequately followed up and collected from clients and that there are no write off, due to inadequate commercial control
Client Relationships :
- Keep an active communication line with clients; monitor client satisfaction level in ongoing projects, and be involved in resolving clients- complaints.
- Ensure growth of Planet-One's customer base, and ensure that existing customers are retained
- Ensure that relationships that were made at the time of securing an order are carefully maintained through the project execution stages.
- Develop database of key executives / decision makers and monitor future project initiatives for potential clients.
Managerial/Supervisory Duties :
- Plan and assign tasks to the Business Development and Pre-sales teams
- Ensure that business travel expenses of the BD team are within budgeted levels
- Create a work environment that minimizes turnover and maximizes retention and productivity
Personal Duties :
- Responsible for training and development of team members as Head of the Division
- Display a high degree of professionalism and integrity as befitting the position
- Maintain a good knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly and helpful to fellow employees
- Pro-actively take responsibilities of colleagues during their absence
- Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives
Position Competencies :
Technical Competencies :
- Preferably an Engineering/Management graduate
- Minimum of 10-15 years of related experience, out of which 10 plus years should be in Africa countries.
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth
- Experience in driving a business development campaign and leading a team to build new contacts and partnerships.
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and be able to prepare detailed documents and feasibility studies.
Behavioral Competencies :
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Excellent operational execution skills (thorough planning, smooth step by step execution, deadline driven and have a high quality threshold).
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Mature personality with wide business experience, self motivated and adaptable