Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:2834 Applications:881 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Regional Director - Talent Growth - Asia & Africa - NGO (8-20 yrs)
Job Title: TALENT GROWTH REGIONAL DIRECTOR ASIA & AFRICA
Reports to:GLOBAL VICE PRESIDENT TALENT GROWTH
Children International believes that investing in children and youth, and empowering them to be agents of change in their communities, is the single best answer to breaking generational poverty. Their approach is far more than poverty alleviation. They focus on engaging children and youth in four key development areas: healthy behaviours, education, empowering life skills and employment preparation. This holistic approach delivered in community centres around the world by a passionate, high-performing team delivers impact that lasts.
Today, Children International directly invests in more than 200,000 children and youth through 13 agencies in 10 countries around the world. Children International is a $114 million international humanitarian organization.
Children Internationals work is made possible by generous and caring sponsors, donors, corporations, more than 9,000 dedicated volunteers and approximately 1,600 employees. To ensure their programs give children the best possible chance of breaking the poverty cycle, they are elevating their practices for growing their talent worldwide.
Reason for the hire:
Children International is seeking a seasoned, thoughtful, results oriented leader to lead and implement their Global Talent Growth strategy and practices in their operations in Asia and Africa.
The Talent Growth Regional Director is responsible for guiding and overseeing the implementation of our global Talent Growth strategy in our agencies in India, The Philippines and Zambia. This role partners with other local and global Talent Growth team members in the design and deployment of innovative people practices- selection, learning and development, leadership development, team effectiveness, succession management, performance & potential management, change management, and compensation philosophy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the regional leadership and Talent Growth Managers Capacity Building and Learning
- Support and guide the implementation of the global Talent Growth Strategy
- Coaching and mentoring
- Ensuring compliance with CI Policies, human rights, local employment-related laws and regulations.
- An undergraduate degree is required with minimum of 8 years management experience, 3 years of which should be in senior management, some of it in human resources and noteworthy people leadership roles.
- Possess general knowledge of business practices, labor law, and social and economic conditions of the region.
- Has experience in developing, engaging and coaching teams from across the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and other technology that supports Talent Growth Practices such as LinkedIn.
- Fluency in English required.
- Ability to travel frequently within the region.
- Must be available outside of normal business hours to accommodate global time zones.
- Experience with other NGOs is preferred.
- A post graduate degree is preferred.
- Fluency in languages relevant to the region is a plus.
Third Sector Partners, a leading senior management and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector has been retained for this position. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.