RedCarpet - Vice President - Partnerships & Alliances - BNPL & Credit Cards (3-10 yrs)
RedCarpet is one of India's largest issuers of revolving credit instruments to the new-to-credit market. We have over 1.7 lakh plastic in 28 cities and a couple of million users of virtual revolving credit on our app. Our products include different kinds of cards as well as the new upcoming UPI 2.0 Overdraft system. At RedCarpet, we have built and own the stack - everything from acquisition to underwriting to collections is built in house. We also leverage our NBFC subsidiary (Redux Credit Finance Pvt Ltd) to power some of these lines.
We are building the Capital One of India. We are creating very smart, high engagement, revolving credit products for India. Think credit cards and UPI 2.0 OD accounts. We will build on top of all kinds of regulatory infrastructure.
- This is what our card looks like : https://www.redcarpetup.com/2019/12/19/redcarpet-card-design/
- We have been EBITDA profitable since the beginning of 2020 ... and we still are EBITDA profitable (after accounting for COVID moratorium and RBI additional provisioning). We are beating the industry on collections and have one of the lowest portfolio-under-moratorium in the industry.We see industry and regulatory tailwinds in the near future - it is a matter of time before RBI opens up credit card issuance to NBFC.
- We are targeting a multi-billion dollar market (on the lower end) while building a fundamental #MakeInIndia company. We work closely with the Niti Aayog, RBI, NPCI and the Startupindia/DIPP and contribute our policy papers and opinions on a highly regulated space like lending.
- We have chosen to take a higher ethical ground through design, long before privacy concerns ever surfaced in India - https://www.redcarpetup.com/2017/11/29/design-for-honesty/
- This is who we are - https://www.redcarpetup.com/careers/ and https://www.instagram.com/redcarpetuplife/
Some of the press around what we are doing is here.
- https://youtu.be/xoZsNN9UGlQ?t=301 (Google Launchpad best startup feature)
- https://twitter.com/DIPPGOI/status/938345126526459905/photo/1 (showcased at GES innovation summit for the PMO)
- You will own end to end BD, Partnership and growth ownership for our BNPL & cobrand card verticals. You will alternate between researching market-needs, co-create the product (with the tech team), managing operations and evangelizing what you create with partners. You must be deeply passionate about the India credit opportunity and are passionate about getting your hands dirty.
- You are analytical and insights driven. Data is sacrosanct. You are then able to execute these insights into product (by working with the tech team) and drive Leadership in our markets.
Expertise & Skill Requirement :
MUST HAVE : You must have one of the three:
- relevant BNPL, e-commerce, financial services, Insurance or payments environment. Ideally with a KAM(key account management)/ Alliances / BD experience in Banks / Lending Fintech SaaS company
- Experience in launching co-branded Credit / Prepaid cards programs
- Experience in building loyalty or offer programs for online/offline card users.
GOOD TO HAVE: Existing relationships with CHRO, CXO level people will be an advantage
- You will work closely with external partners and in-house team to build and run our BNPL and Cobranded Card solutions. Delight both partners and their eventual customers.
- IMPORTANT: You will achieve partnership & revenue targets in line with the organization's Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Be an excellent communicator. Powerpoint and Excel must be your tools. You should communicate solution feasibility and clearly communicate experience, product and business outcomes.
- Ability to evaluate Credit cards Product programs/Policies in line with regulatory guidelines and build strong controls to mitigate risks across all spectrums (Onboarding, Credit, Operations, Fraud, Reputation etc).
- Excellent Product knowledge across all elements of Credit Cards Product & have a 360-degree view of the market, strong in risk management skills, ability to have foresight on portfolio direction, loss estimates and how to control the same.
Compensation will include market standard salary and significant ownership of the company through stock options.
Important : For the next 12 months - we are open to this being a remote/WFH role.