Talent Acquisition Partner - South Asia at Reckitt Benckiser
Views:9283 Applications:1036 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1015
Reckitt Benckiser - Planning/Logistics & Materials Manager (7-15 yrs)
Designation: Planning, Logistics & Materials Manager - Sitarganj
Reporting to: Site Head
Educational Qualification: Graduation in engineering, MBA, NITE
Skill Set Required: Exposure to ERP, Taxes, Costing Techniques, Material Planning
Experience: 7-15 years of relevant experience
The role has full responsibility for material availability in the factory, at the same time maintaining agreed inventory norms. This is the key function of the role as failure could have severe financial impact owing to production losses. The scope also includes stores and warehouse management effectively to ensure proper material accounting and FG dispatch coordination. Adherence to FIFO systems, ensuring proper tracking and traceability etc in material stores management area are critical deliverable to avoid write offs, wastages etc. The role calls for close coordination with other functions in the factory and outside, including manufacturing, Quality, Central Procurement, Central Logistics and external suppliers.
Material Planning and Scheduling
- Inputs to logistics/ manufacturing for alignment and agreement for monthly production plans
- Material Requirement Planning and supplier allocation within overall frame work agreed with Central Procurement
- Ensuring release of formal Firm Vendor Schedules to suppliers
- Ensuring appropriate coordination and follow up with material for timely receipt to meet agreed production plans
- Coordination with central Procurement team for alignment on overall Commodity and Supply Base management
- Experience in using scientific tools for optimization of material planning & Scheduling
Inventory and Stores Management
- Fixing up of appropriate inventory Norms for Raw and Packing Material for the factory, within the overall company targets, in consultation with Central Procurement team.
- Ensure that inventory levels are maintained as per the monthly targets agrees as per the plan.
- Ensure proper and effective material accountings Systems are maintained to avoid discrepancies between book and physical inventories.
- Ensure Good Material management practices: FIFO, tracking and traceability etc.
- Ensure Visibility on material provisions and write offs well in advance to minimize commercial impact to the business.
- Close coordination with plant QA team for supplied parts quality issues and trends
- Timely communication of quality issues with suppliers, ensuring immediate corrective action.
- Ensure that Vendor Performance rating process is implemented and run effectively.
- Ensure timely communication of daily production reports
- Ensure advance information regarding deviation from agreed production plans with Central Logistics and agree on alternate plans
- Ensure proper storage, accounting of Finished Goods at factory
- Coordination with Logistics and Transporters for dispatches
- Suppler selection, negotiation and ordering for routine Plant consumables, spares, equipment etc as per authority Policy
- Coordination with Manufacturing/Project team for Capital Equipment's procurement to ensure that techno Commercial evaluation and comparison are prepared and submitted for approval
Key Challenges :
- The Challenge in this role lies in managing fluctuations in Demands and creating flexibility and speed to support changes quickly. This would require close working with central Procurement team and suppliers to reduce lead time and to implement adequate supplier managed inventories. The role will have accountability to the Factory manager, at the same time maintaining functional reporting to the central Procurement team.
- Ensure the implementation of health and safety strategies. Driving EHS through training and ensuring EHS implementation at site.
Personal Attributes :
- Should be able to interact closely with the Plant team- Manufacturing/QA etc and work towards alignment on common goals.
- Should be able to manage the team within, consisting of Stores, Warehouse and Material planning. Should be capable of resolving conflicts impacting the function in the day to day functioning of the plant.
- Should have good techno-Commercial aptitude so that with appropriate exposure to Commodity Management, career path within Procurement can be planned.